Program Support Specialist-School of Allied Health
Classification:Administrative Generalist 4
Work type:On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA College of Health
Categories: Accounting/Finance/Grants, Office/Clerical
The School of Allied Health is seeking applications for two Program Support Specialists. We are seeking applicants who are organized, have a passion for learning and who prides themselves in being able to work independently yet be part of a bigger team of professionals within the School of Allied Health!
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot office equipment.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and public relations skills.
- Strong verbal, telephone, electronic and written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality, and independent judgment.
- Ability to organize, file and track information.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to prioritize duties, multitask and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain files and record keeping systems.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications.
- Extensive word processing, editing and data entry skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, electronic databases, and file management systems.
- Ability to learn new computer programs.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and resolve operational problems independently.
- Internet research skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to work independently and take initiative with little supervision.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to create reports for management using data gathered from various sources.
- Demonstrated knowledge and the ability to use tools for minor repairs.
• Knowledge of Division programs
• Knowledge of UAA Policies and Procedures
|Preferred Experience & Education:
Three years experience in administrative support role.
Experience in general office procedures, practice and use of standard equipment.
• Some post-secondary education
• Experience in health care Higher Education
• Experience using Banner, OnBase, and UA Online
|Required Experience & Education:
High School graduation and three years progressively responsible office/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, non-exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 77, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
** This is a on campus, front-facing position. Remote or hybrid work is unavailable**
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, educational institution and provider and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Jenifer Taylor, School of Allied Health, Administrative Specialist at email@example.com or 907-786-6933.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend