Capital Campaign Development Officer
Work type:On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Development
Categories: Development/Alumni Affairs
Are you an accomplished Capital Campaign development professional? The University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) is an established state leader in Alaska Native studies, research and teaching and is on track to become a global leader in the field of Indigenous studies. We seeking an experienced development officer to lead our philanthropic campaign for the the Troth Yeddha’ Indigenous Studies Center Initiative.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience working with donors and cultivating relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write compelling proposals and reports
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with donor databases and gift processing
- Have sensitivity and understanding of the diverse cultures and Alaska Native communities served by the Rural, Community and Native Education administration.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse students, faculty, and staff across the university.
- Experience or familiarity with Alaska Native and/or Indigenous programming.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Alaska Native students, Indigenous organizations, private and public external constituencies, and government agencies
|Preferred Experience & Education:
- Certified Fund Raising Executive
- Advanced knowledge of Alaska Native and Indigenous peoples.
- Direct experience working with Alaska Native and/or Indigenous groups, communities and/or organizations.
- Willingness to travel including to/from rural Alaska.
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with a diverse and multicultural student body, staff and faculty.
|Required Experience & Education:
Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as nonprofit management, business administration, or communications.
At least 5 years of experience in fundraising, with a track record of success in developing and implementing capital campaigns.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position with a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 82, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Bridget Thimsen, SBO Sr. HR Coordinator, at email@example.com or 907-474-5979.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend