Temporary Project Manager
Grade:Temporary Staff Grade 82
Work type:On Campus, Temporary
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Southeast
School/Business unit:UAS Facility Services
Categories: Architecture/Construction/Skilled Trades
UAS Facilities Services is looking for a seasoned part-time project manager willing to work 10 to 20 hours per week. The Project Manager manages capital improvement projects through planning, design, construction and closeout. The specific duties vary significantly depending on the size, complexity and importance of the project, along with the experience of the project manager.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned professional who would still like to work a few days a week. We are looking for a leader with a strong professional demeanor and is interested in improving our facilities to support UAS’s mission of Student learning enhanced by faculty scholarship, undergraduate research and creative activities, community engagement, and the cultures and environment of Southeast Alaska.
Located in the ancestral homeland of the Tlingit, Haida, and Tsimshian peoples, the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) is fully committed to advancing the education and research aspirations of Indigenous peoples and is committed to ongoing work toward decolonization. These efforts are reflected in our UAS programs and formal community partnerships across our three campuses and throughout all of Southeast Alaska.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||Excellent ability to communicate clearly by phone, zoom, e-mail, formal letter and in person.
Knowledge about project management, construction and facilities operations.
Knowledge of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical design drawings, specifications and construction practices.
Knowledge of Alaska procurement and contract laws
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in modern technology and common software programs including excel and word.
|Preferred Experience & Education:
Five to ten years of relevant experience managing capital projects.
Previous project management experience should include, program development, project planning, design, bidding, construction, and warranty administration.
Architectural or engineering experience in producing construction documents.
Construction industry experience with quality control, field inspection or construction work.
Experience with CAD software
• Project management experience that includes managing capital improvement projects, including program development, project planning, design, bidding, construction, and/or warranty administration.
• Knowledge about project management, construction and facilities operations.
• Architectural or engineering experience in producing construction documents.
• Construction industry experience with quality control, field inspection or construction work.
• Knowledge of Alaska procurement and contract laws.
• Excellent communication skills and the use of modern technology.
• Proficient in common software programs including excel and word.
|Required Experience & Education:
- Bachelors of Science in any of the engineering / architectural disciplines or a combination of advanced education and experience in a related field.
- Five years of relevant experience managing capital projects ranging from several thousand to millions of dollars.
- Previous experience managing capital improvement projects, including program development, project planning, design, bidding construction, and/or warranty administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
-Valid driver's license and clean driving record in compliance with UA Safe Driving Criteria.
Previous experience should include
• Knowledge of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical design drawings, specifications and construction practices.
• Proficient in modern technology and common software programs including excel and word.
This is a part-time,non-exempt temporary staff position. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 82, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references with your application.
This is a pooled position, which means applicants will be reviewed on an as-needed basis and the recruitment will remain open throughout the year.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Andie Scharen, UAS Facilities Services HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-796-6144.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend