HR Personnel Technician
Classification:Human Resources Technician 2
Work type:On Campus, Remote within Alaska, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Statewide
School/Business unit:SW Human Resources
Location:Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau
Categories: Human Resources
The Personnel Technician will perform data entry for all personnel information of employees. Our team is made up of high energy perfectionists who support each other. We focus on data integrity and customer service across the entire University of Alaska. If you are looking to grow in HR, the Personnel Team is a great place to start. We're looking for someone who will be a positive contributor to the team.
100Ensures compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations. Coaches departments on how to make corrections.
Responsible for assuring all required paperwork is submitted correctly before entry into the system.
Complete or correct any necessary data on job forms.
Interpret information from personnel documents and complete data entry into Banner.
Enters job forms for 1-2 different employee types. Enters other basic HR data such as W-4's, address or name changes, etc.
Review data entry. Make corrections as needed.
Assist with benefit data entry as requested.
Process Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAF's) for primary employee type.
Provides input for EPAF references.
Provides basic assistance with NextGen form submission.
Reviews, processes, and rejects NextGen forms as appropriate.
Review and correct international I9's for compliance.
Assist with preparation of training materials for primary employee types.
Provide one-on-one training as needed.
Provide input to applicable sections of HR Coordinator Resources.
Provide information and technical assistance to HR Coordinators. Communicate and resolve discrepancies with departments, requesting additional information as appropriate.
Know when to escalate unusual or problematic issues internally or to other teams.
Respond to assigned Spoke requests in a timely manner.
Assist with testing of HR systems by following steps on the provided testing plan.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Achieve in depth understanding of primary employee type (i.e. student, faculty, etc.).
• Have general knowledge of all other employee types and actions.
• Ability to analyze HR documents for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
• Have basic knowledge of HR including recruitment processes, payroll, budget and benefits.
• Have basic knowledge of HR compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Must have a solid understanding of the University of Alaska system and how information flows between and impacts different functional areas.
• Must be able to explain processes and procedures to end users in an effective manner.
• Requires proficiency with data entry and accuracy using Banner.
• Must be able to use spreadsheets, word processing, and email programs.
• Must be able to adapt to new system interfaces and technological tools with ease.
• Able to do research to resolve questions on policy or procedure.
• Basic levels of analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines under stressful situations.
• Must have a high level of organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to review work, identify errors, and make corrections in a timely manner.
• Must be flexible and able to work in an environment of change.
• Must be able to foster a positive and collaborative team environment.
• Able to communicate in a positive and collaborative manner.
• Must be able to provide outstanding levels of customer service.
Must have at least 1 year of experience performing data entry functions; general HR or accounting experience; or, highly focused customer service experience.
|Required Education or Training:
One year of college coursework in HR, business, communication, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 76, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be accepted for review on 05/08/2023, to ensure consideration, please apply by 11:55 PM, Alaska Standard Time on DAY BEFORE REVIEW DATE (5/7/2023).
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Sarah Morisky, UA HR Coordinator, at email@example.com or (907)450-8245.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend