Graduate School Student Administrative Support
Classification:Student Assistant 2
Grade:Student Assistant 2
Work type:Hybrid, Remote, Remote within Alaska, Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:Provost Operations
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Office/Clerical
Do you like to work in a fast-paced yet supportive office environment learning new skills that you can take with you after graduation? The Graduate School is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and self-motivated individual to assist the director with Graduate School functions and processes. The successful incumbent will work collaboratively and independently at times with a variety of responsibilities depending on current needs and must have the ability to work under pressure during peak processing times with accuracy in high levels of data entry. They must also have the ability to work well with others, demonstrating professional and effective verbal and written communication skills. There is room to grow in this position. Flexibility in arrangement of work schedule is possible
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the Graduate School's databases.
- Responsible for data entry, data validation, and data retrieval.
- Maintain confidential records for all graduate students in both electronic and paper copies. FERPA certification will be required after hiring.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of the Graduate School.
- Responsible for timely, accurate, and comprehensive entry of graduate documents.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail are imperative.
- Responsible for submitting timely assignments.
- May assist with events such as training and workshops.
- Ability to learn to use the Banner system and to accurately input and look up information and data.
- Ability to learn university OnBase system and enter documents on a daily basis.
- May be asked to design documents.
- Serves as a point of contract for inquiries.
Must be comfortable with repetitive work.
Good phone and email etiquette; requires good written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to proofread documents
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other general office software and equipment
|Required Education or Training:
Applicants must be enrolled as UA students taking a minimum of 6 credits per semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or a newly enrolled student.
This is a part-time, 9-month, non-exempt student position. Minimum $11.34 per hour.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
This is a pooled position, which means that the position remains open over the entire academic year.
**Position has ability to extend to summer (up to 40 hours/week) and spring (20 hours/week) semesters.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Helen Sale, Shared Services HR Coordinator, at 907-786-6885.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend