Wolfpack Orientation Leader
Classification:Student Assistant 2
Grade:Student Assistant 2
Work type:On Campus, Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA VC Student Affairs
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Student Affairs/Services
Join the spirited New Student Orientation Team as a Wolfpack Orientation Leader! The Wolfpack guides prospective and incoming students in their journey to UAA, provides a welcoming experience, and sets new students up for success through orientation and campus-wide events such as Campus Kickoff. This is an excellent opportunity for current students to hone leadership skills, work with a fun team, and have a lasting influence on the UAA community!
Wolfpack Leaders work full-time May through August, but there are also options for starting earlier (March-April). Several Wolfpack Leaders will have the option of working throughout the school year.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Requires intermediate knowledge of computers and software
- Requires ability to work on computer and phone for extended periods
- Ability to learn from and relate respectfully with people of your own culture as well as those from other cultures
- Desire to develop leadership skills
- Be an effective communicator and have the ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Can lead projects and make challenging decisions when the supervisor is not available
- Ability to develop and implement new student engagement opportunities with the support of a supervisor
- Create social media and peer newsletter content
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have networking abilities to serve as a liaison with various departments and resources on and off campus
- Must be able to serve as an ambassador for the university
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to lead, plan, and organize orientation program sessions
- Have the capability to work remotely if needed
|Required Education or Training:
Must be enrolled at UAA with a minimum of six credit hours in the semester of employment
Must be in good disciplinary standing with the university
Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is required for the position
This student position is a Level 2 Step 8 and earns $13.03 per hour.
New hire Wolfpack Leaders are welcome to begin during the spring semester, but no later than May 8, 2023. During the summer, Wolfpack Leaders may work up to 40 hours per week, and are required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Wolfpack Leaders who are invited to continue working during the school year work 10-20 hours per week.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Resume and cover letter not required.
To apply, upload a single document with the following information.
For priority consideration, please apply before March 20, 2023. Applications will remain open until all positions are filled.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Sarah Shives, Assistant Director of New Student Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend