Marketing and Communications Manager
Classification:Communications Manager 1
Work type:Hybrid, On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Rural College
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
UAF's College of Rural and Community Development is seeking a Marketing and Publications Coordinator to be part of our team. This position is a vital member of the UAF College of Rural and Community Development (CRCD) staff and serves as an expert in communications, marketing, and media relations and as the primary point of contact for CRCD marketing, publications, website, and social media.
Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of CRCD’s online presence through all online modes including:
Maintain and lead CRCD’s website presence.
Lead content development for web pages and ensure all CRCD websites are fully integrated with marketing strategies and SEO (search engine optimization).
Develop and manage CRCD’s social media presence and provide direct oversight to programs and departments (including rural campuses) for developing their social media presence.
Ensure all CRCD programs and campuses’ online presence on all platforms is compliant with UA, State, and Federal policies, regulations, and procedures.
Maintain a working knowledge of emerging technology in digital online media, best marketing practices, targeted ads, and emerging platforms.
Coordinate with fiscal management team and CRCD leadership in the development of digital marketing budget
Oversee communications project budgets, including preparation and development of annual budget projections; project future budget needs.Essential
2-30Communications and Marketing
Communicate CRCD’s mission with the general community and focus on building industry partners in collaboration with CRCD development, program, and department personnel.
Develop creative design concepts for visuals, individual print ads, television and radio commercials, and videos for CRCD’s online presence, social media, faculty and staff recruitment advertisements, and professional development marketing materials.
Oversee all aspects of professional communication within CRCD, including internal and external entities.
Establish clear internal communications & workflow to connect our campuses and programs across the state.
Work with CRCD researchers to advance CRCD academic research through media and promote CRCD as a leader in Indigenous, community-led researchEssential
Develop a wide variety of professional-quality print publications and promotional materials.
Develop strategies for publications and promotional materials.
Maintain a working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other sophisticated graphics and software programs necessary to produce high-quality marketing materials.
Ensure CRCD publications and promotional material are compliant with UA, State and Federal policies, regulations and procedures. Verify model releases are received prior to use of photos and ensure CRCD is making appropriate use of copyright material.Essential
4-20Planning & Communications Leadership:
Develop strategies for maintaining cohesion, workflow, and communication across programs and campuses
Stay up to date on all university guidelines, media advancements, and best practices to communicate with CRCD communications team
Facilitate and participate in communications planning with CRCD campuses and departments to develop specific communications plans and strategies
Research, plan, implement and routinely evaluate marketing strategies to achieve maximum impact for CRCD’s programs.
Develop overall communication strategies for CRCD that clearly define the college’s role and mission.
Provide direct supervision of the CRCD Events Coordinator to ensure that all CRCD events are in-line with UAF and CRCD communications goals. Serve as initial point of contact and review for CRCD event communications.
Work with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Rural, Community and Native Education to provide support and communications leadership on projects related to the goals of the Alaska Native Success Initiative at UAF.
Represent CRCD in various university and statewide PIO, marketing, and outreach committees.
Maintain internal CRCD newsletter.Essential
UAF's College of Rural and Community Development is seeking a progressive-minded Marketing and Communications Coordinator to be part of our education and workforce development team. This position is a vital member of CRCD and serves as an expert in communications, marketing, and media relations and as the primary point of contact for CRCD marketing, publications, website and social media. This position manages CRCD’s communication and marketing on a year-round basis. The individual holding this position is required to balance strong creative ability with professional and managerial responsibilities.
CRCD serves the community college mission for UAF with our focus on workforce development, career and technical education, and academic preparation for college. We offer certificates, associates, baccalaureate, and master’s degree programs statewide. CRCD is also an integral part of the doctoral program in Indigenous Studies
Community campuses are located in Fairbanks, Bethel, Dillingham, Nome, Kotzebue, and centers in Ft. Yukon, Tok, Unalaska, Togiak, and King Salmon and Delta reach 160 communities statewide.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan designed to grow enrollments, and foster community support for CRCD’s mission.
- Must be highly organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to manage and navigate multiple perspectives, visions, and personalities to create cohesive communications and outreach. Must be able to build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of market research and the ability to utilize market research data in developing a communications and marketing plan. Knowledge of target marketing and its application in developing marketing strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and its use as a marketing tool. Ability to create long-term social media plans, templates, and strategies. Knowledge of social media analytics.
- Ability to develop and execute marketing campaigns using a mix of traditional media (i.e. print, radio, and TV) as well as web and social media.
- Strong creative ability and sense of design. Ability to take and edit photos for print and digital communications.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to use publishing, graphic and current multimedia design software (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress) to produce effective marketing publications, graphics, content for print and the web, presentations, and videos to promote CRCD.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions.
- Knowledge of website design and organization best practices, including search engine optimization, mobile-first design, and digital accessibility.
- Ability to stay up to date on digital accessibility and inclusive communications best practices.
- Ability to create and maintain flows of communication, archive photo, and outreach materials, and organize information using shared digital resources such as Google Drive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate, conceptualize and interact with different internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of the diverse cultures and communities served by CRCD.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to edit material from a variety of sources. Knowledge of writing press releases, op-eds, and other outreach materials. Prior knowledge of AP Style preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, and laws relating to the administration of communications programs/projects.
Four years of progressively responsible experience in communications planning and marketing. Demonstrated experience working with web development and online social media. Demonstrated experience in design and publication production.
|Required Education or Training:
Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Graphic Arts, or related field. Demonstrated experience developing and executing communications and marketing plans. Demonstrated experience developing publications, presentations, and advertisements. Advanced computer skills.
This is a full-time, 12-month, Exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 00_80, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) of three (3) professional references with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting January 30, 2023 until a successful candidate is identified.
The review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified
UAF COVID Requirements:
At this time, all university employees are strongly encouraged to vaccinate themselves against the COVID-19 virus. While the federal government is not actively enforcing its COVID-19 vaccine mandates, including its mandate requiring vaccination of federal contractor employees, UAF remains contractually obligated as a federal contractor to comply with those requirements should federal enforcement efforts recommence. As a result, UAF may adjust its vaccination requirements for covered UAF employees (currently Troth Yeddha’ campus and employees working in connection with certain federal contracts) at any time in the future, as needed, in order to comply with its contractual obligations.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Lisa Yancey, CRCD Academic and Administrative Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or (907) 474-5459.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend