Prince William Sound College Fiscal Technician
Classification:Fiscal Technician 2
Grade:Grade 76 (11% GeoDiff)
Work type:Hybrid, On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA Prince William Sound College
Prince William Sound College is recruiting an Accounting Fiscal Technician for the Valdez, Alaska Campus.
100Accounting Fiscal Tech 2: General accounting functions at the PWSC Valdez campus. May include Accounts Payable, Cashiering, Accounts Receivable and/or other accounting tasks.
Work is performed under general supervision as follows: performs account reviews and makes correcting data entries and performs general accounting operations. Responsible for maintaining compliance with the UA BOR Policy and Regulations, State and Federal Laws. Works within acceptable accounting processes and principles, developed processes, and audit to ensure accurate and secure accounts and a clear accounting conscience. Works closely with the PWSC Accounting Supervisor in all areas of accounting processes, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cashiering, Travel, Controlled Property, Procurement, Reconciliation, and Audit. Assist outreach campus staff with student account questions, process and procedures. Assist other departments with technical accounting questions. Accurately maintain files. Participate in various campus committee (i.e.: scholarship, fundraising events, hiring, etc.) Assist with research, assignments and projects given by the Director of Administrative Services.
Provides excellent Customer Service and General Campus Support: Assists other Fiscal Tech positions, performing various departmental tasks in support of co-workers as workload and staffing levels require:
- Assist students and community patrons at the front counter of the College.
- Acts as business office receptionist.
-Answers phones, performs filing, record archives and other general office support tasks.
-Assists with the issuing campus door keys and maintaining key log.
- Coordinates with the Facilities Maintenance Department to ensure accurate key and lock locations.
-Assists with checkout of motor pool vehicles and fleet gas credit cards to University employees and ensure compliance with University driver authorization requirements as needed.
-Assist with the sorting and opening of Business Office mail. Log all checks that are received and distribute to the proper account codes.
-Participate on college committees and project teams.
-Provide backup for the frontline positions during daily breaks, lunches, and absences.
-Perform various departmental tasks in support of co-workers as workload and staffing levels dictate.
-Develop skill and proficiency by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
-Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety.
-Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
-Maintain proficiency as needed by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility around the University of Alaska System.
- Engage in professional development activities.
Other duties as assignedEssential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Work is performed under general supervision.
- Apply problem solving, research, and analytical skills to systems, procedures, and accounts which may include unrestricted funds, grants, contracts, private funds, special funds, revenue, and multiple funding sources.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret fiscal and purchasing policies, rules and regulations. Utilize specialized software and databases to query and maintain data.
- Advanced knowledge of automated accounting systems functions and procedures, and spreadsheets.
- Summarize and compile data and information, and prepare reports.
- In depth knowledge of accounting system functions or procedures (e.g. accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, program and activity codes).
- Ability to work with systems and accounts.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships while maintaining high ethical standards.
- Ability to meet deadlines under stressful situations.
- Ability to lead and resolve issues.
- Communication and teamwork skills.
Requires work experience acquired in an entry-level fiscal position or equivalent.
|Required Education or Training:
One year of college coursework in Accounting or related field and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 76, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
The review process for applications will be begin on December 6, 2022 and continue until this position is filled.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Jay Stevens, HR Coordinator, at (email@example.com or (907) 834-1617.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend