Temporary Library Technician
Grade:Temporary Staff Grade 77
Work type:On Campus, Temporary
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA Consortium Library
Categories: Library/Physical/Social Sciences
ARLIS serves as a repository and digitization hub for eight founder agencies and agency affiliates. The Librarian Technician is central to efficient and timely operations of the grant funded project. The project will make electronic documents that are integral to Alaska’s natural and cultural heritage widely available through Alaska Library Catalog.
10Digital Asset Management and Long-term Preservation:
1. Adhere to digital asset management systems.
2. Follow digital asset management workflow protocols.
3. Organize digital files from digitization projects and ARLIS documents.
4. Perform quality control on digital files and assigned metadata.
5. Establish and maintain consistent file naming conventions.
6. Build and update simple web pages for public access to digital materials.Essential
90Enhancing Bibliographic Records:
1. Search, select, and verify accuracy of matching bibliographic records in online databases.
2. Identify and match legacy record numbers to current OCLC numbers.
3. Add URLs in bibliographic records.
4. Identify and reconcile problematic records.
5. Transfer updated/enhanced records from OCLC to matching SIRSI records. Add online holdings information in SIRSI ILS.
6. Identify and report necessary database maintenance.
7. Maintain an accurate individual tally of daily project activities.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||Experience with using OCLC Connexion and/or Worldshare Record Manager preferred. Experience in an integrated library system (ILS), preferably SIRSI/Dynix and preferably in a shared catalog environment. Digital scanning. Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, and Word. Basic knowledge of HTML or other web page development preferred. Aptitude for attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
Two years of recent library experience preferred.
|Required Education or Training:
Bachelor’s degree with experience in Library Science, Information Systems, Education, Archives and Records Management, or similar field preferred.
This is a part-time, temporary staff position. Grade 77 on the UA temporary staff salary schedule, $20.47 hourly.
This position is for a fixed term (through June 30, 2023), and may be extended as grant funds allow.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
ARLIS is a governmental special library that serves seven federal and state agencies. Its collection comprises a near-comprehensive source of government materials on the natural and cultural resources of Alaska, the Arctic, and northern regions. ARLIS’s unique collection, innovative management, and multi-agency sponsorship received the 2001 Institute of Museum and Library Services national award for libraries.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Bailey Brack, HR Coordinator, UAA Shared Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 786-0881.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend