Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement Manager
Work type:On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Development
Categories: Development/Alumni Affairs
UAF Advancement is looking for a sharp, organized member to join our dynamic team as our annual giving and alumni engagement manager. If you enjoy connecting people to their passion, inspiring others to get involved in service of the university and working with great people in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment, this is the job for you!
Create an annual giving plan, including strategies and timelines and points of engagement. Manage an alumni giving community by working with the UAF Alumni Association to engage with gifts to the Benefactor Fund. Participate in face-to-face aspects of the annual giving program at UAF. Coordinate activities with the UAF Development and Alumni Relations team, especially in terms of volunteer development activities with the UAFAA board, UAF ambassadors, schools and units, and other student and alumni groups. Advise UAF college, school, department and campus participation in a variety of targeted annual giving, donor engagement and solicitation campaigns. Coordinate activities with the UA Foundation on strategies to retain, solicit and upgrade individual donors. Coordinate constituency-based solicitation programs for alumni cohorts, university programs and employees.Essential
Serve as a point of contact, often the first, in engaging alumni. Develop strong relationships across campus with the goal of building a culture of alumni engagement. Participate in committees representing the goals and interests of alumni. Using a best practices approach and established protocols, connect alumni with the active UAF alumni communities, including alumni association board, committees, chapters and other opportunities. Help individual alumni find a place to plug in to the alumni community. The outreach specialist will be expected to meet targets for recruitment of alumni to volunteer, attend events, join chapters and migrate to alumni giving portfolios. Support chapter leaders and the work of the other alumni leaders to connect and engage alumni and provide on-going quality programs and events. Work to ensure chapters have tools and resources to develop, track and remain on target with annual chapter plans. Coordinate chapter and alumni group requests for data from the UA Foundation and the use of that data—ensuring appropriate confidentiality agreements, use and maintenance of data. Plan and prepare communications to alumni groups, chapters and segmented audiences based on affinity.Essential
Serve as project manager and logistics point of contact for numerous engagement events and projects handled by the UAF Advancement team. Keep track of deadlines, timelines, and serve as key contact for vendors including catering, conference room reservations, facilities set-up and coordination for equipment needs such as teleconferencing and video-conferencing. Manage and coordinate meetings for fundraising, event planning and other internal committees. This position is a key coordinator for Giving Day and the UAF Blue & Gold Celebration, as well as other donor and community engagement events. This position will prepare and distribute agenda packets and correspondence related to the events, take notes and encourage team members follow through on assigned tasks using best practices. Take initiative to manage projects and process improvements as assigned which may include researching, writing, communicating, analyzing, and advising the Development and Alumni Relations team. Lead the team for logistics related to Development and fundraising events. Serve as the primary point of contact for RSVP's for events and communicate regularly with internal team members, maintaining detailed records and notes.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of industry trends, best practices and technology.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong networking skills.
- Project management skills, budget skills.
- Ability to comprehend written material and interpret and apply policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals and groups and to work successfully as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to organize and present facts and opinions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making decisions. Working knowledge of computer information systems and applicable software and databases.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and make responsible decisions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience assisting upper level positions.
- Demonstrated experience with executive office protocol and procedures; and excellent phone and people skills. Must possess tact, diplomacy, ability to multitask, maturity, and excellent human relations skills; adaptable to all situations and modify priorities accordingly; able to work under stress and with multiple deadlines; and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
- Proven ability to exercise judgement, take initiative, and make effective decisions in a timely fashion while retaining flexibility in order to incorporate changes in plans and shifting priorities. It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks that all employees are required to attend trainings to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UAF.
Preference given to those having experience with Raiser's Edge or similar relational database. Prefer experience with maintaining websites.
3-4 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
|Required Education or Training:
Bachelor's degree required.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 79, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
This position is opened until filled with the initial review process for applications to begin on August 19, 2022. To ensure your application is considered, apply by 11:55 pm Alaska Standard Time, 8/18/2022.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
UAF COVID Requirements:
Effective immediately, all new UAF hires, whose job function or work location results in the employee being subject to the UAF vaccine requirements guided by the Federal Contractor Employee vaccine mandate*, must be fully vaccinated with an FDA- or WHO- authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption no later than six weeks from the new hire's start date.
*Employees based on UAF’s Troth Yeddha’ (Fairbanks) campus, regardless of university affiliation and remote work status; Employees based in UAF research units outside Fairbanks (including Seward Marine Center, Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center, HAARP, Poker Flat, Lena Point, and Toolik Field Station); and Employees, regardless of their work location, paid by or directly working on impacted UAF federal contract.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend