On-Call Announcer - KUAC FM
Classification:Temporary Clerical Casual
Grade:Temporary Staff Grade 75
Work type:Hybrid, On Campus, Remote within Alaska, Temporary
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF KUAC
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
KUAC FM has a need for part-time radio announcers. This may be the position that is the beginning of a career in the broadcasting field.
Key duties include the following activities:
• Announcing/hosting syndicated shows from satellite feeds and program downloads. Reading promotional announcements, weather advisories, public service announcements on air
• Operation of broadcast console, automation system, and other state-of-the art broadcast equipment; and
• Monitoring satellite feeds and shows from our content sourcesEssential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
• Conversational speaking style that is easily understood by a wide variety of audience members.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Commitment to attendance and punctuality.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks.
• Ability to follow directions.
• Ability to maintain positive relations with the public.
• Understanding of the mission of public broadcasting.
• Requires some flexibility in scheduling.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated professional experience in a customer service environment.
• Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities for this position include experience with operating mixing consoles, digital media sources, CD players and other equipment common to radio operations.
• Experience with, knowledge of, and an interest in a wide array of musical genres, including classical, jazz, and folk. Familiarity with public radio format and style.
|Required Education or Training:
High school diploma or equivalent.
||This is a temporary staff position, Non-Exempt (hourly), Grade 75, part-time, up to 14 hours per week, not eligible for health care. This is a temporary position without benefits. Rate of pay depends on experience, minimum $16.15/hour.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please include the following in your application:
- a resume,
- cover letter,
- the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
This is a pool position and successful submission of an application does not guarantee employment; applicants will be reviewed on an as-needed basis and successful applicants will be contacted as positions become available.
UAF COVID Requirements:
Effective immediately, all new UAF hires, whose job function or work location results in the employee being subject to the UAF vaccine requirements guided by the Federal Contractor Employee vaccine mandate*, must be fully vaccinated with an FDA- or WHO- authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption no later than six weeks from the new hire's start date.
*Employees based on UAF’s Troth Yeddha’ (Fairbanks) campus, regardless of university affiliation and remote work status; Employees based in UAF research units outside Fairbanks (including Seward Marine Center, Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center, HAARP, Poker Flat, Lena Point, and Toolik Field Station); and Employees, regardless of their work location, paid by or directly working on impacted UAF federal contract.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Alyssa Moehle, HR Coordinator, UAF KUAC, at email@example.com or (907) 474-5008.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend