Student Recruitment Specialist
Apply now Job no: 518684
Classification:Student Services Professional 3
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA College of Health
Categories: Health Profession, Student Affairs/Services
The UAA College of Health seeks candidates for its Student Recruitment Specialist. This position will plan, develop, and implement student recruitment initiatives in order to drive enrollment in the University of Alaska’s health and social services degree programs statewide. They are also responsible for outreach to/engagement with prospective students through events, communications, resources, etc. In addition, this individual will collaborate with the College of Health’s communications and student advising offices and its academic units, as well as with the UAA Office of Admissions.
20 Strategic Planning:
• Collaborate with communications director and college leadership to develop and maintain strategic plan for College of Health student recruitment activities, with consideration of:
• Individuals currently in workforce
• Outreach to high school guidance/career counselors and educators
• Outreach to student groups
• Student ambassador program
• Track, assess and utilize data on prospective students, and develop reports as appropriate.
• Develop and manage student ambassador program.
• Coordinate with COH communications/marketing team to develop advertising campaigns in email, phone call, mailer, and other campaigns in alignment with recruitment goals.
• Coordinating with the COH communications team to develop and maintain website and social media content that is useful and of interest to prospective student audiences. Essential
30 Prospect/Lead Management:
• Establish and maintain contact with prospective students interested in health/social services careers, including through in-person meetings and individualized/mass communications.
• Manage prospect CRM/database.
• Coordinate with Office of Admissions on process for collecting leads, communicating with prospective students, purchasing lists, etc. for undergraduate programs.
• Coordinate with program faculty/staff on prospect/lead management for graduate programs.
• Coordinate with COH communications/marketing team to develop communications to prospects/leads. Essential
50 Recruitment and Outreach Activities:
• Plan and attend key recruitment events, including UAA events, college and career fairs, and others. Coordinate with Office of Admissions on events as appropriate.
• Conduct outreach efforts targeting key stakeholders across Alaska, including K-12 teachers and guidance counselors, employers, community organizations and associations, and other sources of prospective students. Identify, research and build relationships with stakeholders in order to facilitate new sources of applicants to COH academic programs.
• Plan and facilitate recruitment events specific to COH and its academic programs (information sessions, classroom presentations, interactive activities/demonstrations, open houses, faculty presentations, tours, etc.).
• Lead and coordinate faculty/staff/student involvement in recruitment events and regional recruiting efforts.
• Coordinate with COH communications/marketing team to develop print and digital promotional and informational materials for recruitment activities.
• Conduct tours of College of Health facilities/presentations about COH. Train others to provide tours.
• Advise and coordinate with individual academic units on unit-level recruitment activities.
• Participate in Office of Admissions recruitment collaborators group. Essential
About the University Alaska Anchorage: The University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) is a vibrant and growing institute of higher education, located in the heart of Alaska’s largest city. More than 15,000 students enroll in classes taught by close to 600 full-time faculty. The campus is nestled in the middle of a greenbelt, surrounded by lakes, lush trees, and wildlife, and is connected to a city-wide trail system for biking, walking, running, and skiing. Surrounded by six mountain ranges and warmed by a maritime climate, the community of greater Anchorage is alive year-round with adventure, recreation, seasonal festivities, sporting events and more. For more information visit www.uaa.alaska.edu and www.anchorage.net.
About the College of Health: The College of Health is in the forefront of educating students to become doctors, nurses, and other health care and public health professionals and researchers.
The college is comprised of 15 academic and research units focused on the state's top health priorities:
Health care systems policy and delivery
We strive to collaborate on innovative approaches with all of our partners and stakeholders, to develop interdisciplinary resources, and to
engage communities in a culture that promotes health and academic and research excellence.
Position Summary: The student recruitment specialist plans, develops, and implements student recruitment initiatives in order to drive enrollment in the University of Alaska’s health and social services degree programs statewide. The position is responsible for identifying new sources of program applicants and building strategic relationships with employers, community stakeholders and prospective students. They are also responsible for outreach to/engagement with prospective students through events, communications, resources, etc. The recruitment specialist collaborates with the College of Health’s communications and student advising offices and its academic units, as well as with the UAA Office of Admissions.
Knowledge of best practices in university student recruitment.
Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to present information to individuals and groups in an engaging way.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to build rapport and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders.
Ability to assess the expectations, abilities and needs of prospective students who are entering or considering entering postsecondary education.
Strong organizational, time management and event planning skills.
Strong customer service skills and orientation.
Demonstrated ability to synthesize, implement and communicate plans and initiatives related to student recruitment.
Innovation, creativity, and adaptability in developing and implementing projects/programs tailored to a target audience.
Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
A strong commitment to UA and College of Health mission, goals and values.
Three years of relevant experience.
Experience working collaboratively as a member of a team, as well as independently.
Experience in higher education recruitment.
Experience recruiting non-traditional students.
Familiarity with health care and social services industry and academic programs.
Required Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Conditions of Employment:
Travel is required, primarily within the state of Alaska.
To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized for unrestricted employment in the United States.
No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
This is not a remote position. Position is located in Anchorage, Alaska.
This is a full-time, Grade 79, minimum $26.08/hr, DOE, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package.
Applicant Procedure: Applicants should upload to their online application the following documents:
Cover letter highlighting qualifications that meet the specific requirements of this position
Contact information of three professional references
Review Date:Review of the applications will begin on January 31, 2022 and continue until this recruitment is closed.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 14 Jan 2022
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend