The Personnel Technician will perform data entry for all personnel information of employees. Our team is made up of high energy perfectionists who support each other. We focus on data integrity and customer service across the entire University of Alaska. If you are looking to grow in HR, the Personnel Team is a great place to start. We're looking for someone who will be a positive contributor to the team.
This position is a range recruitment, and may be filled as a Personnel Technician I or II, dependent upon experience.
This is a one-year, term funded position and can be filled in Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau.
• Achieve in depth understanding of primary employee type (i.e. student, faculty, etc.).
• Have general knowledge of all other employee types and actions.
• Ability to analyze HR documents for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
• Have basic knowledge of HR including recruitment processes, payroll, budget and benefits.
• Have basic knowledge of HR compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Must have a solid understanding of the University of Alaska system and how information flows between and impacts different functional areas.
• Must be able to explain processes and procedures to end users in an effective manner.
• Requires proficiency with data entry and accuracy using Banner.
• Must be able to use spreadsheets, word processing, and email programs.
• Must be able to adapt to new system interfaces and technological tools with ease.
• Able to do research to resolve questions on policy or procedure.
• Basic levels of analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines under stressful situations.
• Must have a high level of organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to review work, identify errors, and make corrections in a timely manner.
• Must be flexible and able to work in an environment of change.
• Must be able to foster a positive and collaborative team environment.
• Able to communicate in a positive and collaborative manner.
• Must be able to provide outstanding levels of customer service.
Must have at least 1 year of experience performing data entry functions; general HR or accounting experience; or, highly focused customer service experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
High School Diploma. One year of college coursework in HR, business, communication, or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Must have at least 1 year of experience performing data entry functions; general HR or accounting experience; or, highly focused customer service experience. Two years experience (1 year of Banner HR) need to be considered for Personnel Technician II.
This is a full-time, Grade 76, minimum $19.34/hr, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package.
To ensure consideration for this position, please apply by 11:55 p.m. on January 18, 2022. The first application review will occur on January 19, 2022. A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references.
To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized for unrestricted employment in the United States. No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
UAF COVID Requirements:
Effective immediately, all new UAF hires, whose job function or work location results in the employee being subject to the UAF vaccine requirements guided by the Federal Contractor Employee vaccine mandate*, must be fully vaccinated with an FDA- or WHO- authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption by January 18, 2022, or before their start date if after January 18, 2022.
*Employees based on UAF’s Troth Yeddha’ (Fairbanks) campus, regardless of university affiliation and remote work status; Employees based in UAF research units outside Fairbanks (including Seward Marine Center, Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center, HAARP, Poker Flat, Lena Point, and Toolik Field Station); and Employees, regardless of their work location, paid by or directly working on impacted UAF federal contracts.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.