The University of Alaska is seeking a full-time, Term Assistant Professor of Behavioral Health|Health Science. We seek a creative, self-motivated, and collaborative person to help develop and expand the instructional programs. This position will be located at the Technical Education Center in downtown Juneau. The position is a full-time, 9-month/year, 3-year term.
This is a term, full-time, 9-month, position with salary based on experience. This position is covered by the UNAC collective bargaining agreement. UA employees receive excellent benefits including 12 paid holidays per year, tuition waivers for employees and family members, and affordable medical, dental and vision coverage.
The University's mission is student learning enhanced by faculty scholarship, undergraduate research and creative activities, community engagement, and the cultures and environment of Southeast Alaska. UAS strives to be a destination of choice for students seeking excellent academic programs and engaging learning opportunities that integrate the environment and cultures of Southeast Alaska. For additional information about UAS, please visit our UAS Career Education website: http://www.uas.alaska.edu/career_ed/
Located in the ancestral homeland of the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian peoples, the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) is fully committed to advancing the education and research aspirations of Indigenous peoples and is committed to ongoing work toward decolonization. These efforts are reflected in our UAS programs and formal community partnerships across our three campuses and throughout all of Southeast Alaska.
Education & Experience
• Minimum Masters Degree in a health-related field
• Minimum two years experience in the Behavioral Health or Health field
• Minimum two years of teaching experience at the community college or university level
• Experience in curriculum development
• Ability to teach evening, weekend, and online courses
Experience as Adjunct Faculty is desirable.
• Strong desire to teach and continually improve professionally as an instructor
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience working with industry and with private and public constituencies
• Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software
• Teaching experience at the community college or university level
• Work experience and familiarity with Behavioral Health Industry partners
• Experience working with students having diverse learning styles and/or who are first-generation college students
• Experience working successfully with people of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Minimum: Two years experience in the Behavioral Health or Health field. Two years of teaching experience at the community college or university level.
• Five years experience in Behavioral Health or Health Field.
To be considered for the position please provide the following with your application:
- Cover letter detailing qualifications for this position
- Resume or Curriculum Vita (CV)
- List of the names and contact information for 3 professional employment references
*Note official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Review of applications will begin October 25, 2021. To ensure consideration, please apply by 11:55PM Alaska Time on October 24, 2021. Applicants must be legally eligible for unrestricted employment to work in the U.S. No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
This position is represented by United Academics (UNAC).
Term Position: This position is term-funded and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.