Fiscal Technician - UAA General Support Services
Apply now Job no: 517028
Classification:Fiscal Technician 2
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA VC Student Affairs
UAA General Support Services includes the Copy & Print Center, Mailroom/Central Receiving, Surplus & Relocation, Parking Services, and Recycling functions. The Fiscal Technician reports to the Fiscal Officer and provides support in all areas related to the fiscal operations of the department.
30 Deposits, Cash Handling, Cost Center, and other duties:
• Verify and balance cashiers’ deposits and change funds.
• Prepare bank deposits and secure cash drawers and deposits.
• Prepare daily deposits.
• Match and verify for accuracy receipts of deposits.
• Perform cashiering responsibilities when needed.
• Assist in research related to recharge rates and preparation of annual recharge rate submission documents.
• Assist Campus Property Coordinator with campus-wide physical inventory and other tasks related to UAA fixed assets processing (to include knowledge of Property processes and required documents, Banner entry, research of POs, communication and training assistance to departmental Property Custodians).
• Serve as backup departmental Cost Center Clerk, assisting in preparation of job forms, appointment letters, and providing basic information or appropriate referral to GSS hires/staff. Essential
70 Accounts Payable/Receivable, Account Reconciliation:
• Closeout weekly and monthly work orders from print management software. Reconcile and process accounts receivables (jv and invoice).
• Prepare and reconcile sales reports from print management software.
• Preparation and entry of journal vouchers for all areas of General Support Services.
o Includes use of FedEx, UPS, Endicia, and Neopost software/reports.
• Preparation of invoices for external accounts.
• Receive and track payments from vendors and invoiced customers.
• Submit PO requisitions, verify payment to vendors.
• Research billing and invoicing discrepancies or issues related to vendor statements, internal and external customers. Provide backup documentation to customers as requested.
• Assist in preparation of management reports as well as monthly/quarterly/year end reports. Includes assisting in compiling expenditure and revenue projections and other budget documents.
• Maintain departmental fiscal files, including maintenance of hard copy filing systems and scanning for archives.
• Reconcile departmental purchasing card accounts, ensuring policies and procedures are followed, providing backup and other documentation as requested by the Procard Administrator. Essential
Knowledge of automated accounting systems, and electronic spreadsheets. Prefer experience with Excel, Word and Access. Knowledge of cash control methods. Knowledge of accounting system functions or procedures (e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable). Intermediate fiscal skills. Analytical and problem solving skills. Verification, monitoring and reconciling skills. Ability to resolve issues. Ability to maintain accounts and data. Ability to understand fiscal and purchasing policies, rules & regulations. Intermediate computer and spreadsheet skills.
Ability to understand, interpret, and properly apply fiscal, purchasing, and property policies, rules, and regulations. Preferred experience/proficiency in Banner Finance.
One year minimum experience in relevant fiscal functions in a business environment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Associates Degree in Accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, Grade 76, minimum $19.34/hr, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. The initial review of applications will begin on June 21st, 2021. To ensure full consideration please apply prior to this date. This is posting will close to applications on June 25th, 2021 at 11:55 pm, Alaska Standard Time.
This Fiscal Technician in UAA General Support Services provides direct support to the department related to accounts payable, accounts receivable and other fiscal functions. This position reports to the Fiscal Officer and requires a highly dependable, detail-oriented and organized individual. UAA General Support Services includes the Copy & Print Center, Mailroom/Central Receiving, Surplus & Relocation, Parking Services, and Recycling units.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 02 Jun 2021
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
25 Jun 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend