UAF CTC Administrative Assistant
Apply now Job no: 516166
Classification:Administrative Generalist 4
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Office/Clerical, Business/Accounting/Finance
UAF's Community and Technical College is seeking an energetic Administrative Assistant to be part of our education and workforce development team.
20 OFFICE SUPPORT
- Customer service and communication:
◦ Meet and assist students, faculty, staff and visitors.
◦ Receive, screen and route telephone calls, emails and take messages when necessary.
◦ Handle requests, feedback and queries quickly and professionally.
◦ Collect, sort and distribute mail and other materials to faculty, staff and students. Prepare outgoing mail and receive/send shipments/packages.
◦ Maintain departmental calendar to keep program faculty and students advised of deadlines.
◦ Work together with faculty in maintenance and/or monitoring of faculty schedules as appropriate to facilitate the scheduling of advising appointments and meetings.
◦ Act as liaison with other areas of CTC, to include Student Services, Fiscal Office, Human Resources and IT Services.
◦ Arrange for maintenance of departmental equipment and machinery and identify work order needs and follow established CTC procedures to submit work orders. Act as key operator for office machinery.
◦ Manage receipt of large donations, both monetary and in-kind. Donor paperwork is filled out timely and accurately for proper receipting from Foundation and recognition from CTC dean.
◦ Handle all cash, credit cards payments, and checks according to UA Policies.
◦ Plan, secure location, procure food and supplies, send invites, and provide minutes for program advisory committee meetings.
◦ Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system for both paper and electronic records. Essential
30 BUDGET MAINTENANCE, PURCHASING/RECEIVING, TRAVEL
- Budget tracking and preparation:
◦ Maintain, verify and reconcile ProCard statement to departmental soft ledgers for CTC fiscal office approval.
◦ Research charges, contact vendors to correct errors, initiate JVs when needed and submit to CTC fiscal office for approval.
◦ Use financial records and supporting documentation to compile financial information, provide budget status reports and track current and historical budget and expenditure data. Assist in budget development and program planning. Keep supervisor, program faculty, and CTC fiscal office up-to-date of status of departmental accounts. Track and analyze expenditures to understand the costs of program(s) to help prepare budgets for efficiency while adequately supplying the needs of the program(s).
◦ Manage Equipment Refresh account (if applicable to the program) and advise faculty on proper use of these accounts for purchases.
◦ Verify purchases with program faculty prior to ordering.
◦ Ensure compliance with UA and CTC purchasing policies.
◦ Maintain inventory of instructional and office supplies.
◦ Responsible for all purchases instructional and operational needs. Act as departmental expediter for obtaining goods from local vendors as needed.
◦ Receive, review and verify deliveries of all supplies, materials and equipment. Review and audit invoices.
◦ Enter purchase requisitions, blanket purchase orders, etc., with appropriate backup paperwork on Banner and prepare and track limited purchase orders in coordination with CTC fiscal office.
◦ Keep ProCard receipts orderly, reconcile before Tuesday deadline, print statements each month, match with all receipts and submit to CTC fiscal office with receipts and copies of log by monthly deadline.
◦ Prepare and submit travel authorizations/requests to CTC fiscal office for dean approval and signature prior to travel and incurred expenditures, reserve hotels, register for conferences, search airline reservations and car rentals. Collect final expense receipts and deliver to CTC fiscal office for Expense Report preparation; maintain & verify credit card log of all travel purchases. Essential
50 ACADEMIC PROGRAM SUPPORT & RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Academic program support:
◦ Collect, organize and retain documents, reports, and other program information relevant to program operations. (e.g. approved curriculum, course syllabi, program protocols/procedures, program data, accreditation information/contacts, current textbooks in use, specialized program equipment).
◦ Follow and carry out established processes to support student evaluations of instruction and retain departmental copy of statistics/data for instructors.
◦ Take lead role in communicating semester deadlines to faculty (e.g. grade roster corrections, freshman grade reports, final grade submission deadlines).
◦ Facilitate connection between faculty (particularly adjunct faculty) and central support services available within CTC (e.g. IT Services, Human Resources, Student Services).
◦ Assist program faculty in preparing reports; (e.g. program review, outcomes assessment) and curriculum proposals (e.g. new courses, major/minor course changes, program changes).
◦ Assist program faculty with scheduling and coordination of program assistants to meet the program and accreditation requirements.
◦ Prepare database information for CTC human resources office to hire adjunct faculty, program assistants, and student employees. Obtain department approval for adjuncts being considered to teach, if applicable.
◦ Assist in preparation of program support materials (e.g. departmental brochures, advising documents, CTC Course Schedule), and coordinate with UAF CTC Marketing.
◦ Maintain current departmental and program forms.
◦ Keep all pertinent information and records for accreditation, if applicable.
◦ File/query documents in OnBase & CourseLeaf, export Banner reports and format into Word and/or Excel.
◦ Use multiple Banner screens for researching student and financial platforms.
- Scheduling of course offerings support:
◦ Prepare academic course schedules each semester in accordance with Academic Course Scheduling Guidelines to meet deadlines.
◦ Prepare paperwork for course changes, addition to schedules, and cancellations as necessary to meet deadlines.
◦ Coordinate rooms and special equipment for instructional needs.
◦ Research new textbook editions, prepare textbook orders, and order desk copies for faculty.
◦ Compile and input appropriate course and instructor information into to database for contract generation and mailings each semester.
- Student services support:
◦ Communicate/correspond with students with general inquires about CTC programs or specific program questions, referring to program faculty when detailed information is required, or directing them to advisors and websites as appropriate; send students the appropriate program paperwork; follow up to ensure inquiries have been answered to the student's satisfaction; and communicate unexpected class cancellations.
◦ Provide support services to facilitate advising, such as printing student transcripts, maintaining advising materials, maintaining departmental student files, and scheduling advising appointments for students with program faculty; creating and maintaining advising files.
◦ Assist students in course registration processes; PIN declared students for web registration and assist declared and non-declared students in course registration processes.
◦ Work with program faculty, CTC Student Assistance and the Registrar's Offices to assist students with processing paperwork (e.g. application to UAF, petitions, grade changes, change of major, etc.).
◦ Run reports via Banner and/or DegreeWorks and contact students not yet registered.
◦ Monitor student count on a daily basis prior to beginning and during the semester and relay information to program faculty.
◦ Maintain student listservs for supported program(s).
◦ Verify and submit student credentials to cross transfer when applicable.
◦ Pull course evaluations from appropriate website and file.
◦ Proctor exams as needed.
◦ Help students navigate Blackboard, UAOnline, and DegreeWorks.
◦ Exercise discretion and confidentiality regarding FERPA and sensitive issues.
- Faculty support:
◦ Assist program faculty to draft/type/proofread correspondence, forms and documents.
◦ Assist program faculty with course support (e.g., copy instructional materials for class handouts).
◦ Pull course evaluations from online and file.
◦ Collect syllabi from faculty each semester, upload to BB Syllabi Repository, and type syllabi (if requested).
◦ Reserve rooms for meetings and prepare audio and visual equipment, as needed.
- Other program support:
◦ Generate Title IX guides for students participating in practicums or internships or other activities requiring hands-on learning in a non-UAF facility.
◦ Ensure that Title IX guides and Memorandum of Agreements are delivered and fully explained to the agencies or non-UAF facilities where students are working.
◦ Report the Who, What, Where, When and how these guides were distributed and enter information onto the UAF Provost’s website.
◦ Back-up Blackboard and check course links.
◦ Update program(s) Facebook pages.
◦ Back-up for front desk and Student Services as needed. This may include providing support services to advising, such as printing student transcripts, maintaining departmental student files, scheduling advising appointments, and answering questions via phone or in-person. Also, receiving monies in the mail and preparing deposits timely and according to UA Policies.
- Other program support:
◦Assist in the clinic area by sterilizing equipment, managing hazardous waste and injection control and overseeing laundry services Essential
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 9 locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete an associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
In addition, UAF CTC provides career training and development opportunities through workforce development and professional development programs. Staff and faculty have forged close ties with businesses and local agencies, enhancing instruction and increasing job placements. UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 30 full-time faculty and 200 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 30. Approximately 3000 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
Ability to: perform delegated administrative assignments independently; determine priorities and meet deadlines; work well under pressure; multi-task.
Ability to: courteously handle and deal with a wide variety of public contact both on the telephone and in person; analyze situations with a high degree of independence; work cooperatively with a wide variety of people; e-mail clients and send electronic documents through internet. Knowledge of office practices and procedures; formats for correspondence and reports; spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure; filing systems. Experience with PCs required. Knowledge and proficiency in the use of office productivity software, i.e. Word, Excel, database applications, etc. Ability to type at least 50 wpm, with accuracy. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
1 year prior office experience or combination of experience and college level courses in a related business field, i.e., business, office management, administrative assisting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
High School Diploma or equivalent College level course work, and/or educational/vocational experience in subject area sufficient to perform the typical duties as required for the position.
Please attach the following to complete your application:
Cover letter detailing qualifications for this position
3 professional employment references to include names, professional relationship, address and contact phone number
This is a full-time,
Grade 77, minimum $21.81 hourly, DOE, 11-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. This is an open until filled recruitment with the initial application review taking place on January 12, 2021. To ensure consideration, please apply prior to January 11, 2021 at 11:55pm Alaska Standard Time.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 18 Dec 2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend