KUAC is looking for community-minded UAF students to join our team! If you are articulate, creative, and enthusiastic – please apply!
KUAC is seeking UAF undergraduate students to fill a Student-clerical position. Usual duties may include being the departmental initial point of contact, answering phones, filing, maintaining databases, and operating office equipment, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in 6 or more credit hours and must maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher.
As a public, regional, comprehensive university, UAF is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Compensation: This position is a 00_C (Step 1: $10.50/hour), Salary is commensurate with experience.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Must communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be comfortable speaking to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to prioritize and use good judgment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of maintaining databases.
- High degree of independence and problem-solving ability required.
- The student must demonstrate the aptitude and versatility required to quickly learn software applications.
- Position also requires attention to detail, proofreading and spell checking, and the ability to take instructions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
The student should have course work or experience with some aspect of marketing, business administration, accounting, finance, or customer service or bookkeeping experience.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
Pursuant to Board of Regents’ Policy 04.01.055.B, temporary, extended temporary, adjunct, student, casual labor, regular new hire probationary employees and those positions designated by the president as officers and senior administrators of the university are employed at-will.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.