UAA Career Services is looking to hire a Student Marketing Assistant to help design and produce marketing materials, maintain social media presence, and support communication initiatives for career development programs and resources. This position will operate remotely in compliance with phase B recommendations.
The successful candidate will be tech-savvy, highly organized, friendly, and independent with strong attention to detail and a collaborative spirit. Effective organizational, interpersonal, time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks to meet goals in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in a professional and courteous manner to a diverse clientele.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in an ethical manner.
- Strong desire to learn new things, embrace the notion of continuous improvement, and contribute to a team.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and demonstrate flexibility in order to provide quality customer service.
- Strong commitment to producing quality design work
- Familiarity with Google apps (UAA Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs)
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Able to follow established methods of organization and a willingness to learn new work processes and tools
On-campus job opportunities are hosted by UAA faculty and staff who are dedicated to your professional development and academic success. These jobs provide immersive learning experience for students to gain valuable skills and experiences while enjoying the convenience of working on campus and balancing academic schedules. Through working on-campus, you will have the opportunity to develop top skills desired by employers, including:
- Oral & Written Communication
- Professionalism & Work Ethic
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Information Technology Application
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Global & Intercultural Fluency
- Career Management
- Positive attitude, openness, willingness to learn and work collaboratively
- Basic understanding of introductory marketing and communications principles
- Ability to pay attention to detail and interest in detail-oriented work
- Must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Must have customer service experiencePassionate about helping UAA students and alumni succeed
- Intermediate experience navigating Facebook, and Instagram.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Must be enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits for the spring 2021 semester
Hold at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA
Interest or background in Marketing or Public Communications field
Digital marketing or design experience
To apply: Please upload your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this position.
Check us out on Facebook and Instagram for an inside look at Career Services marketing!
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
Pursuant to Board of Regents’ Policy 04.01.055.B, temporary, extended temporary, adjunct, student, casual labor, regular new hire probationary employees and those positions designated by the president as officers and senior administrators of the university are employed at-will.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.