Apply now Job no: 515792
Classification:Training & Development 4
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA Chancellor
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Other
Join a dynamic team that's passionate about growing Alaska's economy. We're looking for a motivated, self-directed individual who is immersed in the entrepreneurial ecosystem with a passion for helping entrepreneurs build their startups.
10 Research 10%
- Participate in research focusing on entrepreneurship to help direct future work and identify economic impacts Essential
40 Entrepreneurship ecosystem builder 40%
- Represent UA CED in the community to promote our programs
- Organize events to support Alaska’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and continue to connect entrepreneurs to resources, ie Startup Weekend, Startup Week, 1 Million Cups, etc.
- Support ecosystem partners with a focus on non-siloed collaboration
- Contribute to Alaska Startups website, social media outlets, and e-newsletter
- Develop content for UA CED’s website and social media outlets
- Collaborate with entrepreneurial ecosystem partners Essential
45 Entrepreneurship Programming 45%
- Build new curriculums and iterate on existing curriculums to support early-stage entrepreneurs, focusing on the lean startup methodology with an emphasis on idea validation and customer discovery
- Support the Upstart Alpha startup accelerator leads as needed (organization, marketing, recruitment, relationship building); grow into a co-leading role
- Lead entrepreneur development workshops in rural and urban Alaska
- Lead “Train the Trainer” workshop(s) and provide ongoing participant support post-workshop
- Meet with early-stage entrepreneurs for one-on-one coaching
- Build relationships with organizations interested in entrepreneurship development programming Essential
5 Other Duties as assigned 5% Essential
Ability to build entrepreneurial materials and content; organize events; knowledge of ecosystem tools and partners; collaborate with other entrepreneurial support agencies to best help entrepreneurs; and to iterate projects, events, and services quickly and continually. Ability to create and conduct training or orientation sessions for entrepreneurs. Ability to quickly understand different business concepts and models, and provide relevant feedback. Ability to understand and solve complex business challenges using design thinking and the lean startup methodology. Comfortable in both urban and rural Alaska communities; willingness to travel. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of current entrepreneurial practices is a must
Evidence of interest in entrepreneurship, economic development, business administration, and/or investment. Two years of work experience in a related area.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in business or entrepreneurship and two years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Will give strong consideration to candidates with a combination of education and experience that demonstrates a clear interest in entrepreneurship.
Preferred: experience in design thinking, lean startup methodology, and/or customer psychology. Prior research and/or writing experience.
*To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date of October 22, 2020 at 11:55 pm, Alaska Standard Time.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 08 Oct 2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend