Apply now Job no: 515633
Classification:Crafts & Trades I
Grade:Crafts & Trades T1
Work type: Crafts and Trades
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Facilities Services
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades
Facilities Services Warehouse department is looking for a vibrant and highly self-motivated professional to work in a dynamic operation. This position provides typical warehouse and expediting support for the University OF Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) Facilities Services Warehouse which is the first point of contact for vendors and other material handling issues for Facilities Services. The position is critical to the continuous operation.
1. Receives, unloads, delivers, expedites, materials including hazardous materials, equipment and supplies, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Check invoices, vouchers, waybills and purchase orders to verify correct amounts of materials are received, stored, or delivered.
3. Provide the necessary documents for the successful stocking of materials and supplies. Access and manipulate database to track or monitor the accountability of the inventory.
4. Maintain a database to distribute and track compressxed gas cylinders. Deliver compressed gas to UAF departments. Prepare hazardous shipping documents.
5. Completes vouchers, shipping tags, labels, and receiving documents as required.
6. Operate delivery vehicles, fork lift, hand trucks, skids, ramps and other mechanical equipment in unloading retrieving and expediting materials.
7. Operate personal computer, to research purchase orders, print receiving documents, track shipments and equipment inventory files access. Maintain shipping, receiving, freight claim, and equipment records in a current and accurate manner.
8. Coordinate freight claim activity to include contacting vendors and shippers insuring inspection, completion of claim forms, and maintenance of a suspense system to insure final settlement and processing of claim checks.
9. Expedite, pick-up and deliver materials to UAF campus and Fairbanks area
10. Maintain warehouse in a neat and orderly manner at all times. Other duties as assigned
Additional position details:
• Must have good customer service and public relations skills, and be able to work well with diverse group of people.
• Must be able to Organize and Prioritize, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time. Essential
Proficient in warehouse procedures for receiving, storage and retrieving materials. Familiar with manufacturers of various products associated with building and vehicle operations and maintenance. Must be knowledgeable of construction, maintenance and building trades materials and supplies. Must be knowledgeable of maintenance operation work order system. Basic knowledge of parts in the following areas: Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, automotive, painting, appliance and custodial supplies. Execute mathematical calculations necessary to perform warehouse duties. Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English is essential. Ability to remain calm during stress periods. Ability to work with people of diverse personalities, education and cultural. Should be well organized and able to prioritize work; ability to work independently without close supervision is important. Must have adequate computer skills preferable in warehouse inventory control database. Demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
•May possess journeyman level certification. Requires apprentice level or other equivalent certification appropriate to the specific trade; with a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
•Valid Driver License.
Local 6070 Generic Union Job Description: https://www.alaska.edu/labor/local-6070/job-classification-descri/
**All APPLICANTS **
Current University of Alaska Local 6070 employees will be provided priority employment considerations for the first 5 days, when they meet the minimum qualifications for the posted position. Current University of Alaska Local 6070 employees who meet the minimum qualifications for the posting should apply before the review date. However, there is no requirement to be a Bargaining Member in order to apply.
Applications must be received prior to 11:55 PM Alaska time on
September 30, 2020 to be considered. Applications received after this time and date may not be considered for this position. To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date.
Salary Information: CT1 /Step 1 $22.56/hr. (See Article 9.2 in the L6070 Collective Bargaining Agreement, Wage Grade Schedule - http://www.alaska.edu/labor/local-6070/ . This is a full-time, benefited position with a UA employee benefits package. Union represented.
Driver license info : Within your cover letter please state whether or not you have or can obtain a valid Driver’s License upon hire.
Applicant Instructions: Please attach a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information (email and phone number) for three (3) professional references.
Union Representation: This position is represented by the Alaska Higher Education Crafts & Trades Employees (L6070).
Background Check: The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Affirmative Action Statement: UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
Public Disclosure Statement: Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act. University of Alaska is a Drug Free Workplace. University of Alaska is a Drug Free Workplace
L6070- Probationary Period: Pursuant to Article 1.5 of the Local 6070 Collective Bargaining Agreement, upon initial hire Local 6070 Bargaining Unit Members are probationary for the first six (6) months of work. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason.
Training Policy: It is the policy of the University of Alaska that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UA.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this position please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 16 Sep 2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend