Alaska Manufacturing Extension Partnership Client Services Manager
Apply now Job no: 513889
Classification:Administrative Professional 1
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA Chancellor
The Alaska Manufacturing Extension Partnership (Alaska MEP) is seeking a Client Services Manager to join a team of technical assistance experts, dedicated to providing high-value solutions to Alaska’s manufacture business needs. This position will work to address the needs of manufacturing firms including: supply and sales efficiencies, workflow efficiency, operational transformation, talent acquisition and workforce readiness, accelerating products to market, as well as aiding firms with the entering into new markets. This position will develop and implement marketing strategies that generate clients for the Alaska MEP and deliver valuable services to manufacturers.
20 PERSONNEL, CONTRACTOR and PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
While no formal authority as a supervisor will be held, serve as critical point of contact to all contactors of the Alaska MEP and UA personnel supporting Alaska MEP projects in conjunction with the Alaska MEP Director. Duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Assist in the development of systems and practices for contractor and UA personnel engagement on Alaska MEP projects and services;
• Develop agenda, organize, and manage monthly Alaska MEP personnel meetings to ensure efficient progress is made toward strategic goals;
• With the Alaska MEP Director, develop, organize, and manage quarterly Alaska MEP Advisory Council meetings;
• Provide any contractor training and orientation to UA policies and practices;
• Monitor contractor performance and client deliverable(s);
• Post-performance evaluation(s);
• Develop internal methods for tracking client and contractor metrics; and
• Initiate, track, and engage throughout the full process the successful completion of NIST MEP client surveys for reporting purposes. Essential
35 CONTRACTUAL AND CLIENT ENGAGEMENT DUTIES
Assist in the development of systems and practices for the Alaska MEP Center contractual services. The Client Services Manager, working with guidance and supervision, will assist in development of and implementation of all facets of client and contractor services platform. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with the writing of all proposals, budgets, related contracts, etc.;
• Assist with UA pre- and post-proposal development and processing as well as contractual and client correspondence via multiple agencies and clients;
• Assist with editing and production of final contractual bids to ensure all are prepared and delivered on time and as required working towards independent contractual bid production;
• Develop and foster relationships with Alaska MEP clients through their human resources, contracting and other personnel;
• Review, evaluate, and edit research reports and project deliverables prior to client delivery;
• Participate in the preparation and manage the distribution of Alaska MEP reports ensuring all technical assistance programming is incorporated including: mid-term and annual reports, client documents, and publications of the Alaska MEP;
• Manage existing contracts: developing tracking and internal reporting systems, support client communications, maintain all necessary records, working with project teams to ascertain each client engagement is meeting proposed expectations; and
• Build, manage, and maintain manufacturing research database working in collaboration with Alaska MEP stakeholders. Essential
35 MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS, AND SALES
This key position will lead in close collaboration with contractors the Alaska MEP marketing, communications and sales efforts.
Develop or support the development of a marketing and promotion plan to create, produce and place effective multi-media advertising and promotional campaigns. Intentionally raise awareness of Alaska MEP offerings. Support activities that drive potential clients to the Alaska MEP, including, but not limited to:
• Develop messaging and communications that may include advertising, electronic communications or newsletter, etc. for public distribution;
• Develop and deploy social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to leverage online and print media communications;
• Advance a strong web presence for the Alaska MEP;
• Assist in the development and dissemination of survey instruments to determine program awareness and test acceptance of Alaska MEP offerings;
• Research, develop, enhance and maintain contact database and mailing list. In compliance with Federal and UA compliance regulations concerning e-mail distribution, utilize database to announce programs and to respond to requests for information or assistance;
• Independently respond to external complaints and communicate closely with executive staff on these matters; and Essential
5 OTHER DUTIES
Public representation, extensive statewide travel (some overnight), manage costs for greatest direct service engagement, and office management. Serve on high profile and key advisory panels and boards that promote and gain statewide brand recognition. Essential
5 PARTNERSHIP COMMUNICATIONS AND ONGOING DEVELOPMENT
Maintain ongoing communication with all agency representatives as well as private sector clients and donors to ensure expectations of programs are achieved; plan, develop, and coordinate activities with agency representatives & private contributors as requested or required. This may include assisting in the preparation of an annual report or other written submittals. Essential
The Alaska Manufacturing Extension Partnership (Alaska MEP) is a program initated by the federal government through the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to support the advancement of firms of all scale in the manufacturing sector. The Alaska MEP program is an economic development initiative embedded within the UAA Business Enterprise Institute. Each state has an MEP center. The Alaska MEP Center Director is responsible for developing and implementing the vision, mission, and strategic plan for the Manufacturing Extension Partnership program in Alaska. The Alaska client services manager will work in close collaboration with the Alaska MEP director, the National Institute for Standards and Technology, other programs of the UAA Business Enterprise Institute and well as other programs of the University of Alaska system, the State of Alaska (state agencies seeking to support the Alaska MEP center), an advisory council, and other key stakeholders.
The mission of the Alaska MEP center is to diversify and strengthen Alaska’s economy by advancing Alaska’s manufacturers. The vision of the Alaska MEP center is to become Alaska’s go-to resource for the manufacturing industry. The Alaska MEP overaching objective is to provide high-value solutions to help manufacturers increase profitability. The Alaska MEP will support Alaska’s manufacturers through identifying ways to reduce costs, apply industry automation enhancements, implement manufacturing best practices while simultaneously seeking out ways to encourage product and sales growth. The Alaska MEP will provide consulting services and workforce development in disciplines like Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma certification, Quality Control Management Systems, Supply Chain Optimization, Energy and Sustainability,Technology Adoption and Automation, Workforce Development, and much more.
The Alaska MEP Client Services Manager is responsible for: 1) assisting in implementing Alaska MEP plans and goals; 2) working to participate in both sales and coordination of end-to-end client contracts from project inception to final close out; 3) ensuring all client deliverables are completed accurately, on time, in compliance with federal and UA regulations and policy as well as on budget, and 4) developing and implementing a strategic marketing strategy.
The Alaska MEP Client Services Manager may be responsible for any of the following: client and contractor recruitment; supervising research and analysis projects; supervising individual project deliverables or personnel; course planning and implementation; and coordinating cross function teams. This position relies on an energetic, highly organized, detail-oriented individual who can successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while simultaneously coordinating with NIST personnel, and internal UA stakeholders.
The Alaska MEP is hosted by the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) and is one of the centers of the UAA Business Enterprise Institute (BEI). The UAA BEI mission is to develop and diversify the economy of Alaska. The BEI vision is to position the University of Alaska as the “go to” business and industry partner, able to address business needs across all spectrums of business size and scope. BEI provides a platform for high-level consultancy between industries, the business community and the associated suite of centers housed within the UAA BEI address the full scale and life cycle of Alaska based businesses. The UAA BEI suite of centers links economic development programs across the UA system and supports businesses and entrepreneurial capacities across Alaska.
The Alaska MEP Client Services Manager will serve as a leader and critical thinker, ready to problem solve and make decisions with some supervisory input.
The successful candidate will possess strong marketing as well as project managment skills; knowledge of project development, implementation, and tracking; performance measurement; and client and contractor management. The candidate must possess strong writing and oral communication or public speaking skills, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to work efficiently and effectively in both independent and collaborative situations. Preference will be given to individuals that have: Lean Six Sigma green belt certification, and project management training. • Aptitude in problem solving; • Abilitiy to lead groups of manufacturers and stakeholders towards common goals; • Ability to relate well to support staff, faculty, senior executives, and contracting professionals; • Good judgment, tact, and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters; • Excellent organizational and leadership skills with the ability to work under time pressures, multiple simultaneous demands, multiple stakeholders while maintaining an excellent attention to details; • Advanced knowledge of social media best practices, and an ability to formulate and implement social media strategies; • Basic understanding of graphic design; • Project management and implementation skill;. • Basic knowledge of google apps products; and • Excellent written communications required, including intermediate to advanced computer skills, utilizing Microsoft Office programs, e.g., MS Office, PowerPoint, and Internet applications. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Strong operational knowledge of sales and marketing systems including tools, software, and development of performance dashboards. Knowledge of database programs and efficient / effective use of these databases; • Ability to monitor, coordinate, and manage a diverse mix of staff and contract staff member delivery and performance as prescribed by MEP client needs; • Ability to develop and implement marketing projects of moderate complexity; • Demonstrates and is proficient in directing own activities, receiving only general direction, while working within a moderately complex work environment; • Internally motivated and commitment to performance excellence; PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: ● Bachelor’s in business, marketing, or similar. ● Demonstrated experience managing significant project load. ● Significant demonstrated experience and proficiency in business assistance or marketing. ● Demonstrated skills in establishing and maintaining effective support and working relationships with a variety of public and private stakeholders. ● Strong overall organizational skills with a proven ability to work well with others. ● Possess solid knowledge of manufacturing issues/challenges, and the ability to deliver solutions/improvement opportunities: ● Experience with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award program. ● Experience with Lean Six Sigma (green belt preferred) and/or Lean business consulting. ● Experience with facilitating and leading internal and external strategic
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION OR TRAINING :
• A Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, industrial management, engineering or related field is required.
• Two years experience in business, marketing, industrial management, or manufacturing. • Qualified candidates should possess marketing, sales, and client services experience. Seeking an applicant having some prior experience within a unit or department that generates significant revenues through customer directed billable services (e.g. training, consulting, coaching, and process improvement services.) • Must demonstrate background and experience with being client focused. Seeking an applicant having some executive (C-level) relational experience, confidence, as well as experience with a variety of projects. OR • Applicants having an equivalent or relatable combination of education, training and experience will also be considered.
This is a full-time,
Grade 79, minimum $25.82/hr, DOE, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. This position is open until filled with the initial application review taking place on November 15, 2019. To ensure your application is considered, apply by 11:55 pm, 11/14/2019. Applications received after this date may not be considered.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug Free Workplace. University of Alaska is a Drug Free Workplace
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UA.
Contact Information: If you have any questions regarding this position please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 05 Nov 2019
Applications close: Alaskan Standard Time
22 Nov 2019
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend