Student Success Director - Community and Technical College
Classification:Student Services Manager 2
Work type:Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Categories: Executive/Director/Management, Academic Advising/Support, Student Affairs/Services
UAF Community and Technical College is seeking a dynamic individual to direct our student success efforts. The successful candidate will champion the shared vision, mission and values of students services within the university and CTC, supporting students from their expression of interest through graduation.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package.
Review of applications will begin immediately, consider applying today!
100• Serve as a member of the CTC Management Team, articulate and champion the shared vision, mission and values of students services within the university and CTC, develop and direct both short and long-range student success initiatives, provide continue support for students from recruitment through graduation.
• Responsible for the oversight and supervision of advising and tutoring staff as well as student success initiatives at CTC.
• Manage the advising services of UAF CTC and work collaboratively in addressing student needs as they pertain to advising and tutoring support and oversee dual enrollment services within CTC.
• Cultivate, establish and maintain harmonious relationships with a wide variety of partners and UAF staff to support a comprehensive approach to student services; serve as the liaison and advocate between UAF and CTC concerning student success, dual enrollment and retention initiatives along with student management and investigative departments.
• Conduct and facilitate regular meetings, professional development and training with student success staff within CTC. Represent CTC student success services and college to both internal and external agencies. Supervisor Student Success staff as needed to include advising and tutoring staff.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Strong leadership and management skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and implement new initiatives, provide budgetary oversight and supervise and evaluate employees.
• Knowledge of best practices for equity in student success and an ability to understand and apply student success data to enhance academic advising and other student success initiatives.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations.
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
• An innovative spirit with a commitment to promoting access, diversity and academic excellence.
• Working knowledge of enrollment management principles, including development and implementation of solutions to recruitment/ retention related challenges.
|Preferred Experience & Education:
- Five years management/ supervisory and leadership experience in a large organization.
- Competency in computer programs including Banner, UAonline, Maxiet and Nanook Navigator.
|Required Experience & Education:
• Five years progressively responsible experience in Higher Education Student Services/ Student Success program or experience in training and development of individuals, management/ supervisory and leadership experience in a large organization.
• Experience with data analytics; and the ability to evaluate and utilize data in planning, reporting and decision making.
• Experience working with diverse populations of students, staff, faculty and community members to create inclusive environments as well as demonstrating the ability to promote effective communication among diverse populations.
(Candidates with an equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.)
This is a full-time, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 81, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To complete your application packet please attach:
- A comprehensive resume.
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications.
- Three professional references. (Include the name, address, email and phone number for each reference as they may be contacted during the selection process. Written reference letters are not required in order to apply).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is identified. Review of application materials will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualifies candidates have been identified.
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 5 instructional locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete an associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
In addition, UAF CTC provides career training and development opportunities through workforce development and professional development programs. Staff and faculty have forged close ties with businesses and local agencies, enhancing instruction and increasing job placements.
UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 35 full-time faculty and 200 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 35. Approximately 3000 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, educational institution and provider and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Dianna James, UAF Community and Technical College HR Coordinator, at email@example.com or 907-455-2863.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend