UAF CTC Marketing and Social Media Student Assistant: Work Study
Classification:Student Assistant 2
Grade:Student Assistant 1
Work type:Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
UAF Community & Technical College Marketing Department is seeking a motivated and creative student to assist in developing social media strategies, content and maintaining a social media presence.
Are you a social media enthusiast, who is innovative, self motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team, if so, we are looking for you!
100Carry out social media content assignments. Produce and cultivate creative content on multiple social media channels. Content will include student, class, and organization happenings, as well as helpful information relevant to CTC students and followers. Form of content will include writing, photos, video(recorded and live), and infographics.
Monitor social media trends and tools, to include effective content and marketing to specific audience demographics.
Engage with local community entities, organizations and partners through social media.
Travel to various CTC locations in the Fairbanks area in order to provide diverse and encompassing content for CTC social media accounts.
Utilize student perspective to assist in the design and content of outreach/marketing materials, including but not limited to: promotional branded items, CTC website, outreach booth, informational brochures, digital sign and events.
Assist in other CTC Marketing office duties as assigned.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: UA student enrolled in 6 or more credits with 2.0 GPA or higher. Must be eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Eye for modern photography, video, and design.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with trending social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat.
- Ability to work independently, effectively and professionally with co-workers, faculty, staff, students and visitors.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures, proficient use of computers (including word processing), and good organizational skills. Ability and willingness to learn new software and technology as needed.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to serve diverse populations.
- Ability to recognize and work with varying learning styles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to FERPA guidelines.
|Preferred Experience & Education:
Some photography skill and experience is preferred. Some video and design skills are also preferred.
|Required Experience & Education:
|Student Work Study Minimum Qualifications:
- UA student enrolled in 6 or more credits and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Applicants must have a current FAFSA and be eligible for the Federal Work-Study Program.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Cover letter indicating why you're interested in this Federal Work Study position and the area(s) you feel qualified to tutor
- Names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application
This is a pooled position, which means that the position remains open and applicants will be reviewed on an as-needed basis. Successful submission of an application does not guarantee a job offer nor review of application material.
Review of applicants will begin immediately. Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient and viable number of qualified candidates have been identified.
This is a part-time position up to 20 hours per week while school is in session, additional hours may be available during summer/winter breaks. Compensation is commensurate with experience and the type of work assigned. The hourly rate will be between $12.00 to $16.00 per hour for this Student Assistant 1 work study position, depending upon experience.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
Pursuant to Board of Regents’ Policy 04.01.055.B, temporary, extended temporary, adjunct, student, casual labor, regular new hire probationary employees and those positions designated by the president as officers and senior administrators of the university are employed at-will.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Dianna James, UAF Community and Technical College HR at 907-455-2863.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend