Clerical Assistant (Temporary Clerical Pool) - UAF CTC
Grade:Temporary Staff Grade 77
Work type:On Campus, Temporary
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Are you looking for part time work and have clerical or administrative experience? The University of Alaska Fairbanks, Community and Technical College is looking for temporary clerical assistants to provide faculty and staff with general administrative support needed for our programs and clientele. Specific duties vary depending on the program or unit assigned.
Are you looking for a temporary position with flexible hours, where you can support the goal of educating and training today's students for tomorrow's workforce!? Apply today for a chance to join our team of temporary clerical assistants!
100The duties of a UAF Community and Technical College temporary clerical assistant (PA) can be as varied as the needs of the 40+ occupational endorsements and specialized training programs offered at UAF CTC and of the CTC dean and management team. These clerical and administrative support duties may include, but are not limited to:
• General clerical support: filing, copying, faxing, composing letters and memos, spreadsheet creation and maintenance, creation of reports, fliers or signs using word processing or publishing software, log maintenance, PC data entry.
• General fiscal support: assistance with accounts payable/receivable duties, minor purchasing duties, records maintenance and cash handling duties.
• General office support: process incoming and outgoing intercampus mail as well as federal mail including preparation of expedited letters and packages, receive and distribute vendor expedited service deliveries, perform courier duties for daily errands to various University and non-University locations; assist in preparation/clean up for special events and functions for UAF CTC.
• General administrative support: Assist with special projects as assigned by the CTC dean, various management staff and faculty; research using the BANNER and other UA systems and create reports; act as first point of contact with clientele by telephone and in person, answering questions on programs, policies and procedures.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||Ability to perform delegated administrative and clerical duties to meet established deadlines.
Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
Ability to courteously handle and deal with a wide variety of public contact both on the telephone and in person and work cooperatively with a wide variety of people.
Excellent customer service skills.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
|Preferred Experience & Education:
Varies based on the temporary clerical support needed.
|Required Experience & Education:
Varies based on the temporary clerical support needed.
This is a part-time, on-call, non-exempt, temporary staff position. New hires will be placed on the UA Temporary Staff Salary Schedule, Grade 77, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To complete your application packet please attach:
- A comprehensive resume.
- Cover letter outlining your qualifications.
- Three professional references. (Include the name, address, email and phone number for each reference as they may be contacted during the selection process. Written reference letters are not required in order to apply).
The review process for applications will be begin immediately. This is a pooled position, which means that the position may remain open over the entire academic year if additional program assistants are needed.
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 5 instructional locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete and associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 35 full-time faculty and 200 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 35. Approximately 3000 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Dianna James, UAF Community and Technical College HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-455-2863.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend