Office of Academic Affairs (OAA) Administrative Assistant
Classification:Administrative Generalist 4
Work type:On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA Matanuska Susitna College
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Office/Clerical, Student Affairs/Services
The Mat-Su College Office of Academic Affairs is looking for an administrative assistant to support the Director of Academic Affairs to assist with student success and community outreach. This position will assist with student conduct cases, student success tracking and grievances. In addition this position will assist with the development of community education and workforce development programming. Looking for an applicant who is highly organized, able to multitask and excited to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to maintain confidential records in compliance with university, state, and federal regulations. Applicants who have experience managing multiple calendars are highly desirable. We are seeking candidates who have experience streamlining processes utilizing software solutions to increase efficiency. Previous experience is an educational setting is desirable.
100Academic Affairs Support
Student Success 20%
• Run Student Banner Reports
• Solicit and process early warnings from faculty in support of student success
• Process change of grade forms
• Process incomplete grade contracts and forms
• Serve as student resource for academic events such as the Dean's List reception
Complaints and Student Discipline -20%
• Manage progression of cases through Maxient from process notification letters, to scheduling student disciplinary meetings and communicating findings
• Maintain files for complaints and student disciplinary actions
• Schedule Student Disciplinary meetings
• Track and report on disciplinary sanctions
• Assist with academic dispute processes
Community Education and Workforce Development Programming 20%
• Assist with the development and implementation of community education and workforce development programming by:
• Managing communication with potential instructors,
• Scheduling courses in Blackboard genius
• Scheduling room assignments and events
• Overseeing and troubleshooting registration issues
Compliance - 15%
• Track compliance with Title IX and FERPA trainings
• Collect and route student course fee forms
• Collect and route memorandums of understanding for practicum placements
Administrative Support 15%
• Manages the Director’s calendar, schedules virtual and in person meeting spaces.
• Provide support for grants submitted by the Office of Academic Affairs • including preparation of documents required by the UAA Office of Sponsored • Programs for review and approval of grant applications and creation for accounts for Mat Su College when grant applications must be submitted electronically
• Supports event coordination by coordinating travel and accommodation arrangements for the Director of Academic Affairs travel as necessary and prepare and submit travel claims, expense reports and reimbursement requests
• Human resource coordinator for non credit instructors, proctors and tutors.
Cross Training - 10%
• Provide back-up support for academic scheduling, adjunct hiring, and onboarding, termination paperwork, requisition purchases, TVEP applications, classroom support and Council of Coordinators as needed
• Provide backup support for Learning Resource Center including proctoring and hiring, onboarding and termination of proctors and tutorsEssential
“Opportunities start here” is more than a slogan at Mat-Su College--it is our mission. Our aim is to transform student aspirations into realities. Matanuska-Susitna College seeks applicants who possess a desire to help students succeed in reaching their goals.
Mat-Su College is a community campus of the University of Alaska Anchorage. The campus is located on 951 acres in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough, the fastest growing region of Alaska. We serve as a major higher education hub for the communities of Wasilla and Palmer. Our student-friendly campus offers small class sizes and state-of-the-art facilities, including paramedic classrooms with a fully equipped ambulance bay, updated science labs, and a 520-seat performing arts theater. The campus has an annual operating budget of over $10,000,000 and serves approximately 1,300 students each semester.
Standard hours are a nine hour work day with a 1 hour lunch. The Office of Academic Affairs is open 8:00-5:00 M-F. However, there will need to be some flexibility in scheduling a later shift in support of evening courses and or different hours outside of the regular semester. Some late start weekdays may be required to be scheduled to accommodate evening classes, weekends or some special events.
The Mat-Su College is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage a diverse group of applicants to
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
•Ability to maintain confidentiality
•Written/oral communication skills and ability to proofread/edit
•Ability to coordinate and schedule events
•Ability to work independently and to prioritize deadlines
•Ability to follow university guidelines and procedures. Experience with grievance processes.
•Ability to communicate and coordinate with the Academic Affairs team as well as other departments on campus and departments at other campuses. Ability to recommend new processes and procedures to increase effeciency.
|Preferred Experience & Education:
Preference of Associate's degree and three years progressively responsible office/administration experience OR Bachelor's degree and one year responsible office/administration experience. Experience working with student success software such as Banner, Maxient, Tutor Trac, Degree Works, etc. Compliance/data tracking experience. Familar with culture and structure of higher education.
|Required Experience & Education:
High School graduation and three years progressively responsible office/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 77, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter that addresses the position requirements, a resume that highlights your relevant work history, and current information for three or more professional references. If chosen for an interview current and/or prior supervisors will be contacted.
Applications will be accepted for review on Monday, June 12, 2023, to ensure consideration, please apply by 11:55 PM, Alaska Standard Time on Sunday, June 11, 2023.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Taylor Buettner, MSC HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 745-9724.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend