Program Support Specialist
Classification:Administrative Generalist 4
Work type:On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA College of Health
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Office/Clerical
The School of Social Work is seeking candidates for a Program Support Specialist. This position will provide support to faculty, students and administrative staff.
Administrative functions to include: mass e-mailing, document preparation, scanning, distribution of program materials, processing of incoming and outgoing email, assist with special projects, and other administrative duties as assigned. Provide information for routine reports, directories, course support, org charts, etc. Provide logistical support and coordination for search committees or recruitment processes. Proofread typed materials for grammatical and typographical errors e.g., correspondence, reports, manuscripts, articles. Assist with special program events and projects. Maintain an inventory of office, program and lab equipment and supplies, and recommend items for purchase. Receive or deliver materials and equipment. Cross-train with other office personnel to provide coverage when others are out of the office. Perform department inventory of office and technology supplies and equipment, and recommend items for purchase.Essential
First point of contact for students. Provide students with initial program information and direct students to appropriate faculty/departmental/advising resources. Respond to telephone, email and in-person inquiries about department and campus resources, program requirements, course availability, and enrollment and registration dates and processes. Prioritize tasks and control the flow and distribution of correspondence related to program and student events. Communicate student concerns to faculty. Maintain confidential student files and databases.Essential
Maintain current and accurate assorted databases and file sets relative to management of BSW and MSW practicum (field) programs. Maintain current and accurate student and program practicum files and assorted file sets necessary for efficient retrieval of relative program data. Track and report practicum enrollment and other program data. Provide general administrative support as required for the activities of the field team. Assist students with practicum program questions. Maintain practicum files for current information. Email students and community agencies regarding required practicum paperwork. Develop, maintain and track complex program or student files. Develop materials for program events, including flyers, emails, and invitations. Coordinate with other divisions or units as needed to clarify policies and procedures.Essential
5%Other duties as assigned.Essential
The University of Alaska Anchorage School of Social Work is dedicated to advancing social work practice in Alaska through baccalaureate and master’s education, research, and service. Social work is a profession committed to ethical and research-informed practice that assists individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities, advances social, economic, and environmental justice, and engages in policy practice.
The Program Support Specialist will provide support to the faculty and students within the School of Social Work and, in particular, support the BSW and MSW practicum process.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Assist students with academic program questions
• Answer the phone, take messages, and disseminate information
• Screen calls/correspondence, answer routine inquiries, and/or provide information or refer
inquiries to appropriate staff members
• Open, sort, distribute, collect, and deliver mail
• Maintain an inventory of equipment and supplies
• Order supplies and equipment to support offices, programs, labs, etc.
• Receive or deliver materials and equipment
• Proofread typed materials for grammatical and typographical errors (e.g., correspondence, reports, manuscripts,
• Prepare correspondence which may include editing drafts, composing correspondence for
supervisor’s signature, drafting letters or memorandums, and/or initiating correspondence
requiring knowledge of procedures and processes
• Compile information for routine reports, directories, course support, org charts, etc
• Prepare brochures, newsletters, flyers, event schedules, marketing materials, and/or news
releases for dissemination to internal/external audiences. May include proofreading/editing drafts, creating first drafts,
publishing software to layout documents, and/or coordinating the printing/publishing/distribution process
• Schedule meetings, including reserving facility and arranging audio/video support
• Coordinate with other divisions or units as needed to clarify policies and procedures
• Maintain and develop routine web pages
• Respond to complaints and routine requests for information
• Verify and review materials for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures
• Operate automated text and data processing equipment to input, access, and retrieve data
• Operate and troubleshoot photocopiers, fax machines, and printers
• Photocopy materials as needed for department staff
• Open/close offices (maintain office keys)
• Maintain office conference room facilities
• Coordinate contractual maintenance for office software/hardware
• Troubleshoot and resolve problems that may arise during day-to-day office operations
• Coordinate activities with internal and external customers
• Coordinate the use of facilities, services, and equipment
• Troubleshoot and resolve special situations that arise during event
• Enter and retrieve information using personal computer
• Develop, maintain, and track records or confidential or complex files which may include but are not limited to: student
files, or personnel files
• File and retrieve records and reports
• Organize and maintain filing systems; maintain records related to specific area of assignment
• Maintain databases
• Provide logistical support and coordination for search committees or recruitment processes.
• Three years experience in administrative support role.
• Experience in general office procedures, practice and use of standard equipment.
• Knowledge of division programs
• Knowledge of UAA policies and procedures
• Proficiency in Banner, OnBase and UA Online.
|Required Education or Training:
• High School graduation and three years progressively responsible office/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, 12-month, non-exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 77, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
The review process for applications will be begin immediately and will stay open until a successful candidate is identified.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Donna Aguiniga, at email@example.com.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend