UAF CTC Culinary Adjunct - Temporary Faculty Credit
Classification:Temporary Faculty - Credit
Grade:Adjunct Faculty Credit Variable
Work type:Adjunct Faculty, On Campus
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
The University of Alaska Fairbanks Community and Technical College (UAF CTC) is seeking a technically proficient individual with strong teamwork and communication skills to serve as an adjunct faculty member in our culinary program. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with experienced instructors to facilitate the transition into instruction and classroom responsibility. No prior teaching experience is required.
Flexible schedules are available.
Adjunct positions are on a semester-by-semester contract basis.
100- The incumbent will be responsible for teaching one or more undergraduate courses in a manner consistent with UAF Faculty Senate guidelines and the specific course catalog description. - Adjunct faculty are expected to participate annually in scheduled mandatory initial organization or orientation meetings and are required to complete UAF mandatory trainings within the specified period of time.
- Duties include instructing, advising, and assessing/grading students in the identified subject matter in alignment with UAF policies and procedures and direction from faculty program coordinators.
- Duties include developing a course outline, syllabus, teaching materials, and tests or other assessment methods consistent with UAF policies and procedures.Essential
As a UAF CTC adjunct faculty member, you will play an instrumental role in training Alaskans for Alaska jobs and in making Alaska a better place to live, work, learn and recreate. Our education and training programs prepare graduates to work in occupations that keep our communities running and safe.
- Passionate about hospitality and culinary arts
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and assignments effectively
- Proficient in food safety and sanitation
- Strong collaborative skills, able to work well with colleagues and students
- Professional communication skills, able to articulate effectively in various settings
Culinary subject areas include but are not limited to:
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Culinary Principals and Techniques
- Food Service Sanitation
- Food & Beverage Service
- Garde Manager
- Soups, Stock and Sauces
- Specialty Cookery (Gourmet Cooking, Gourmet Asian, Vegetarian)
- Specialty Bakery (Gourmet Baking, Breads, Cake Decorating)
The University of Alaska Fairbanks, Community and Technical College offers over forty degree and certificate programs designed to educate and train Alaskans for Alaskan jobs. Our education and training programs prepare graduates to work in occupations that keep our communities running and safe and are instrumental in making Alaska a better place to live, work, learn and recreate.
UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 35 full-time faculty and 200 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 35. Approximately 3000 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
Please attach the following to complete your application:
- A cover letter indicating why you are interested in teaching at UAF CTC and the courses you feel qualified to teach,
- Current professional resume or CV
- The name, address, email and phone number for three professional references.
SUCCESSFUL SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE A JOB OFFER NOR REVIEW OF APPLICATION MATERIAL.
To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
This is an at-will, union represented adjunct position, and may be canceled based upon the needs of the university.
This position is represented by United Academic – Adjuncts, AAUP-AFT/AFL-CIO
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UAF. The policy can be located at: http://www.uaf.edu/chancellor/policy/04.07.010/
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Dianna James, UAF CTC HR Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-455-2863.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend