Campus Services Event Staff (Temp)
Grade:Temporary Staff Grade 75
Work type:On Campus, Temporary
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA VCAS Business Services
Campus Services Event Staff are a critical part of the Event Services and Alaska Airlines Center success. As a team member you will be part of the action with preparation, administrative and organizational, ticket selling, set-up and tear-down of guest accommodations and events held at Events Services and Alaska Airlines Center. Typical events include but not limited to; athletics, banquets, comedy shows, conferences, concerts, and trade shows. Campus Services Event Staff position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to take direction, collaborate with others, able to recognize and overcome challenges. Campus Services Event Staff constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events; communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
Campus Services Event Staff will assist in all aspects of the division to further the goals and mission of each divisional department. Duties will encompass tasks with Event Services and Alaska Airlines Center. Be available/flexible for a varied work schedule and different types of events with revisions frequently based on divisional needs. Ability to work independently and under pressure. Perform all other duties as assigned by a supervisor, or event manager. Event Services: Duties are varied and require some independent judgment and decision making. Work with team member to assist with all clients and details of their event, set-up event, and facilitate event needs on site. Assist with guest housing operations, including providing housekeeping/custodial support between guests. Alaska Airlines Center: The primary responsibility of Event Staff is guest protection and the safekeeping of the Arena with an emphasis on guest service. It is the responsibility of the Event Staff to enforce all rules, regulations and policies of the Alaska Airlines Center. Some of the responsibilities are listed below, but are not limited to the following: Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner. Attend to your assigned position during the course of the event secure entrance doors, escalators, stairwells, lobbies and backstage areas. Be available for short or long shifts, at times shifts will be staggered to early am, after midnight or late at night to accommodate conversion and guest service demands. Receive and process counter, phone and mail ticket orders using various aspects of the ticketing system as a ticket office seller. Follow proper procedures regarding money and ticket reconciliation after every box office shift. Have knowledge of building layout, including restrooms and exits. Have knowledge of all rules and regulations for admittance to your area. Have knowledge of all authorized credentials. Monitor guests and enforce rules. Assist in crowd management, seating discrepancies, clearing aisles and settling disputes. Inform Supervisor of developing problem. Respond in a quick and professional manner to incidents. Be aware of all special functions or activities that occur during the event.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Knowledge about UAA and the programs and services available to students is preferred.
• Effective oral communication and writing skills in the English language.
• Ability to interact with guests and staff on a professional basis.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to nights, weekends and select holidays.
• Responsible for taking care of a building and resident general cleanliness & housekeeping to provide tidy and sanitary amenities to guests and residents.
• Assist Conversion Supervisors with event set-up, tear-down, customer service and crowd control.
• Execute required conversion requests to ensure the facility is ready for each individual event.
• Execute installation and dismantle of various conversion equipment, including but not limited to, staging, temporary flooring, trussing, demountable seating, and chair set/strike.
• Assist with opening or closing of facility for a move-in or move-out.
• Perform all duties at cashier window and administer ticket selling for shows and monitor inquiries and complainants for tickets sales.
• Monitor and reconcile cash drawer at end of shift and maintain records of daily transactions.
• Experience with cash handling.
• Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
• Experience with facility coordination and general conversion knowledge.
• Experience using cleaning products and equipment.
• Provide accurate facility information and superior customer services to patrons.
• Other organizational and administrative duties as determined by management.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to climb stairs and lift 50 lbs. unaided.
• Other duties as assigned.
Previous Event and/or Security experience preferred. Customer service skills and strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to build community and engage students in meaningful discussion is preferred. Experience handling/reconciling cash and the ability to calculate money with efficiency and accuracy.
|Required Education or Training:
Must have a earned a high school diploma or equivalent GED.
Crowd Control Management training and TAMS/TIPS training preferred.
FERPA certification or certification completion within 30 days of the job start date.
Title IX certification or certification completion within 30 days of the job start date.
Behavior Based Safety (BBS) certification or certification completion within 30 days of the job start date.
Workplace Harassment Prevention certification or certification completion within 30 days of the job start date.
Protecting Payment Card Information training (annual training).
This is a part-time, temporary assignment with an hourly rate of pay of $16.15 per hour.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
This is a pooled position, which means that the position remains open over the entire academic year.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Tricia Kofoid, Campus Services HR Coordinator, at email@example.com or 907-751-7210
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend