Assistant Professor of Nursing
Classification:Assistant Professor (F9)
Grade:UNAC Grade 30
Work type:Faculty Full-time, On Campus
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA College of Health
Categories: Education/Instructional, Health Profession
The University of Alaska, School of Nursing (SON) is seeking applications for tenure track Assistant Professor of Nursing. We are seeking innovative, energetic professionals to contribute to our nursing education programs which include those delivered via distance to sites throughout the state. We are hiring three positions from this recruitment!
100Faculty responsibilities may include didactic teaching (in classrooms and via distance education modalities) and/or clinical instruction (in skills labs, simulation lab, inpatient, outpatient, and community settings). Teaching assignment will be varied upon faculty experience and the needs of the program. Assignment may include teaching in the Associate of Applied Science program, the Bachelor of Science program, or the RN-BS program.
Faculty responsibilities include: plan, implement, and evaluate nursing degree curriculum, participation in university and community service activities, satisfaction of committee appointment requirements, and engagement in professional activities.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively as a teacher.
• Ability to foster healthy relationships with university partners.
• Strong knowledge base in Nursing Education including curriculum, teaching methods, and clinical instruction.
• Understanding of Alaska’s challenges to delivering Nursing education to both urban and rural areas.
• Skilled at implementing technology for enriching nursing education.
• Recent clinical experience.
• Experience with curriculum development is necessary, particularly given the opportunity for ongoing and progressive distance education course development.
• For Tripartite, experience in interprofessional research or scholarship endeavors.
• Experience working with private and public external constituencies.
Preference will be given to applicants:
• Experience in additional specialty areas such as community, critical care, family practice, maternal child, medical-surgical, pediatrics, and psychiatric.
• Demonstrate the ability to foster collegiality and work collaboratively within a diverse environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to anticipate change and implement initiatives to meet the challenges of delivering healthcare education in Alaska.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within the scope of the University of Alaska mission with a diverse student population and university staff.
|Required Education or Training:
• Master’s degree in Nursing.
• Must be eligible for unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
Doctorate (PhD, EdD or DNP) preferred.
Assistant or Associate rank, Bipartite, Full-time, 9 months per year (mid-August to mid-May) and full employee benefits package. Salary is based upon the level of academic appointment, applicable preparation, and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following to your application:
- Cover letter
- Detailed resume containing education preparedness and work experience
- One-page statement explaining your experience and commitment to inclusion and equality for mentoring, advising, and teaching diverse student populations.
- The names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be eligible for unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska and obtain Alaska Nursing license at time of hire.
- Must have completed a master's degree by time of hire.
- Must provide official transcripts documenting academic credentials required for position at the time of hire.
This is not a remote position. This position will be required to work on campus.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The review process for applications will begin on 10/14/2022 and continue until the recruitment has closed.
Summary of School of Nursing:
As a partner in shaping the health care of Alaska, the University of Alaska Anchorage School of Nursing (SON) educated students for current and future roles in local, state, national, and worldwide arenas, as well as for productive citizenship, personal growth, and professional nursing practice.
The SON offers undergraduate students two options: the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BS), with the AAS program delivered via distance to sites throughout the state. The RN-BS program offers a bachelor's completion program for associate-prepared RNs.
The SON also offers graduate studies in several specialty tracks: Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Family, Nurse Educator, Nurse Leader, and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
This position is represented by United Academics-AAUP/AFT (UNAC). http://www.unitedacademics.net/
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Betty Hernandez, HR Coordinator, College of Health, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 786-0902
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend