Term Assistant Professor of Nursing
Classification:Term Assistant Professor (F9)
Grade:UNAC Grade 30
Work type:Faculty Full-time, On Campus
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA College of Health
Categories: Education/Instructional, Health Profession
The School of Nursing at the University of Alaska Anchorage is seeking innovative, energetic professional to contribute to our Nursing Programs. We are seeking to fill a full-time Term Assistant Professor position as the program continues to grow, and the need for health care in the State of Alaska is significant.
100Faculty responsibilities may include didactic teaching (in classrooms and via distance education modalities) and/or clinical instruction (in skills labs, simulation lab, inpatient, outpatient, and community settings). Teaching assignment will be varied upon faculty experience and the needs of the program. Assignment may include teaching in the Associate of Applied Science program, the Bachelor of Science program, or the RN-BS program.
Faculty responsibilities include: plan, implement, and evaluate nursing degree curriculum, participation in university and community service activities, satisfaction of committee appointment requirements, and engagement in professional activities.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively as a teacher.
• Ability to foster healthy relationships with university partners.
• Strong knowledge base in Nursing Education including curriculum, teaching methods, and clinical instruction.
• Understanding of Alaska’s challenges to delivering Nursing education to both urban and rural areas.
• Skilled at implementing technology for enriching nursing education.
• Must have at least one year of experience as a registered nurse.
• Clinical experience in medical-surgical or other nursing specialties.
• Experience working with private and public external constituencies.
Preference will be given to applicants:
• Undergraduate teaching experience in an academic institution, in either face-to-face or online learning modalities.
• Experience with curriculum development, particularly given the opportunity for ongoing and progressive distance education course development.
• Experience in additional specialty area.
• Demonstrate the ability to foster collegiality and work collaboratively within a diverse environment.
• Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity in the classroom and workplace.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and collaboratively within the scope of the University of Alaska mission with a diverse student population and university staff.
|Required Education or Training:
Must hold a Master’s degree in nursing or conferral of master's degree by time of hire.
Term-Funded, Assistant rank, Bipartite, Full-time or Part-time, 9 months per year (mid-August to mid-May) and full employee benefits package. Salary is based upon level of academic appointment, applicable academic preparation, and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please be prepared to upload the following items:
- Cover letter
- Detailed resume containing education preparedness and work experience,
- One-page statement explaining your experience and commitment to inclusion and equality for mentoring, advising, and teaching diverse student populations
- Names and contact information (email address and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be eligible for unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska and obtain Alaska Nursing license at time of hire.
- Must have completed a master's degree by time of hire.
- Must provide official transcripts documenting academic credentials required for position at the time of hire.
This is not a remote position. This position will be required to work on campus.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The review process for applications will begin on 10/14/2022 and continue until the recruitment has closed.
Summary of School of Nursing:
As a partner in shaping health care of Alaska, the University of Alaska Anchorage School of Nursing (SON) educated students for current and future roles in local, state, national, and worldwide arenas, as well as for productive citizenship, personal growth, and professional nursing practice.
The SON offers undergraduate students two options: the Associate of Applied Science in nursing (AAS) and Bachelor of Science in nursing (BS), with the AAS program delivered via distance to sites throughout the state. The RN-BS program offers a bachelors completion program for associate prepared RNs.
The SON also offers graduate studies in several specialty tracks: Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner-Family, Nurse Educator, Nurse Leader, and Doctor of Nursing Practice.
This position is represented by United Academics (UNAC). http://www.unitedacademics.net/
This position is term-funded and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Betty Hernandez, HR Coordinator, College of Health, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 786-0902
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend