Graphics and Publicity Services (GPS) Student Assistant Manager
Classification:Student Assistant 2
Grade:Student Assistant 2
Work type:On Campus, Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA VC Student Affairs
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Do you love graphic design and marketing? Join the Student Life & Leadership (SLL) team and create posters, t-shirts, brochures, and videos to help promote Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Events. The Graphics & Publicity Services (GPS) Assistant Manager will gain experience designing and branding content and materials for signature DEI programs. This student staff position is 20 hours/week and starts at $12.03/hour. Apply today!
Design: The GPS Assistant Manager will create design work when appropriate and will be ultimately tasked with for signature program projects, including Campus Kick-Off, Welcome Week, Homecoming, Winterfest, MLK Speaker & Student Appreciation, and new programming.Essential
Inventory & Invoicing: The GPS Manager will keep inventory of paper materials and printer supplies, order more supplies when appropriate, and track printer use by SLL users for the purpose of billing. Also responsible for invoicing of completed projects.Essential
Training: The GPS Assistant Manager will assist the Graphic and Marketing Assistants, including offering critiques and software training.Essential
100Management: The GPS Assistant Manager will assist with the selection, training, supervision, and scheduling of the Graphic and Marketing Assistants.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Ability to perform and assist others in basic client service.
• Ability to perform and assist others in graphic design for multiple media.
• Ability to perform and assist others in basic marketing and publicity strategies.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines, and delegate to others as needed.
• Possess knowledge of/ability to manage inventory/invoicing (preferred, but not required).
• Possess knowledge of/ability to manage with print services (preferred, but not required).
• Possess good organizational skills.
• Possess strong time management skills.
• Possess exceptional attention to detail.
• Possess exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work with only occasional, indirect supervision and to take initiative.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all information.
• Possess prior experience in art, graphic design, and/or marketing, or equivalent knowledge obtained from coursework.
• Possess prior experience with the Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere.
• Possess prior experience working with databases.
|Required Education or Training:
Typical Education or Training:
To be eligible for student employment in Student Life & Leadership, an applicant must: a. Be enrolled in the University of Alaska system with a minimum of six credit hours in the current semester of employment; or b. Have been enrolled the preceding semester for six or more credit hours and demonstrate plans to enroll for six or more credit hours in the next semester for employment between semesters; and c. Have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or approval from the MAU Senior Student Services officer or his/her designee. d. Students enrolled in non-traditional programs of study will be considered eligible for student employment with the approval of the Senior Student Services officer. e. An applicant must provide evidence of enrollment as outlined above to substantiate employment eligibility.
The ideal candidate will have a background in or appreciation for graphic design and/or marketing.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have experience and proficiency in Adobe Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere.
This position is for 20 hours per week at $12.03 per hour.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach a resume
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Applications close: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend