Marketing & Publications Coordinator
Classification:Communications Manager 1
Work type:On Campus, Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
UAF's Community and Technical College is seeking a progressive minded Marketing and Publications Coordinator. This position is responsible for strategically marketing and promoting UAF CTC and serves as an expert in communications, marketing and media relations.
1COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING
- Develop, implement, and revise as needed, a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for CTC that defines objectives and prioritizes communication functions for over 40 academic programs, CTC as a college, and CTC as an integral part of UAF.
- Execute marketing and communications plan in coordination with CTC's Dean, senior staff, and development and donor relations staff.
- Develop and implement strategies aligned with CTC's marketing and communication plan that support CTC's enrollment management plan and program recruitment and enrollment goals.
- Develop and manage a detailed budget to accomplish CTC's marketing and communication plan and provide regular budget reports to CTC Dean and senior staff.
- Actively engage in community events, such as the Fairbanks Summer Solstice, the Golden Days Parade, the Tanana Valley Fair, and CTC registration drives, and seek other opportunities to represent and promote CTC and its programs.
- Maintain an organized database of current digital and print photography to be used on the website and in publications, presentations, and advertisements.
- Ensure CTC publications, promotional material, and online presence on all platforms are compliant with UA, State, and Federal policies, regulations, procedures, and copyright laws.
- Verify model releases are received prior to use of photos and ensure CTC is making appropriate use of copyright material.Essential
- Responsible for managing the development and maintenance of CTC's online presence.
- Lead the development and maintenance of CTC's website. Optimize website using modern practices, responsive design, and SEO. Report on website metrics and analytics.
- Develop and manage CTC's social media presence on all platforms by maintaining regular presence and visibility of CTC and its programs.
Responsible for visual appeal, clarity, timeliness, and accuracy of the website, social media, and all other CTC online information.
- Maintain a working knowledge of emerging technology in online media and digital photography.Essential
-- Develop a wide variety of professional-quality print publications and promotional materials that align with the PLAN. Generate ideas using independent creative concepts and collaborate with CTC's Dean, senior staff, development and donor relations staff and program coordinators to accomplish the following:
-- Develop strategies for publications and promotional materials that align with the PLAN and fulfill CTC and individual programs'' enrollment, recruitment and outreach needs.
-- Create graphic design solutions, design page layout, solicit and coordinate text and visual materials and provide project management to meet CTC and individual programs'' publication needs.
-- Independently create a broad array of artwork, logs, illustrations, presentations and advertisements to support CTC marketing strategies. Refine existing publications with current images and copy.
-- Manage publication scheduling and oversee timely completion of publication development through coordination of the design and editing process.
-- Maintain a working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other sophisticated graphics and software programs necessary to produce high-quality publications.
-- Manage the production of CTC's course schedule to meet deadlines; develop the cover design and ensure accurate formatting and content.
-- Ensure CTC publications and promotional material are compliant with UA, State and Federal policies, regulations and procedures. Verify model releases are received prior to use of photos and ensure CTC is making appropriate use of copyright material.
-- Solicit and evaluate printing bids for timely, high-quality publications.
-- Prepare computer files for print production; troubleshoot cross-platform conflicts and ensure accuracy from workstation to printing press. Solve technical problems by working closely with vendors.Essential
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
||- Knowledge of marketing, communication and recruiting principles, marketing and design considerations, and printing requirements and techniques.
- Ability to develop and implement an effective marketing and communications plan designed to grow enrollments, foster community support, and support development and donor relation efforts.
- Knowledge of and ability to use market research, target marketing, traditional and digital advertising, and social media in the development of an effective marketing and communications plan.
- Ability to develop and execute marketing campaigns using a mix of traditional media, digital media, and social media.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and provide budget reports.
- Strong creative ability and sense of design.
- Knowledge of and ability to use professional design, publishing, and web development software to produce high-quality publications, graphics, and marketing collateral for print and the web.
- Knowledge of modern web development practices including responsive design, SEO, and web analytics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, conceptualize and interact with different internal and external audiences.
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to edit material from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Three years progressively responsible experience in communications planning and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience working with web development and online social media.
- Demonstrated experience in design and publication production.
|Required Education or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Graphic Arts or related field and three years progressively responsible relevant experience and two years' management experience OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing communications and marketing plans.
- Demonstrated experience developing publications, presentations and advertisements.
- Advanced computer skills.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA staff salary schedule, Grade 80, based on education and experience.
|Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following to complete your application:
Cover letter detailing qualifications for this position
3 professional employment references to include names, professional relationship, address and contact phone number.
Although it is not required, applicants may wish to attach supplemental documents or exhibits in support of their application.
The review process for applications will be begin on August 11, 2022.
This position is the primary point of contact for CTC marketing, publications, website and social media. The successful candidate will manage CTC's communication and marketing on a year-round basis due to the unusual nature and timing of CTC programs and courses. Many programs carry accreditations and industry -standard requirements that must be incorporated into marketing and publications outreach. The individual holding this position is required to balance strong creative ability with professional and managerial responsibilities.
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 9 locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete and associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
In addition, UAF CTC provides career training and development opportunities through workforce development and professional development programs. Staff and faculty have forged close ties with businesses and local agencies, enhancing instruction and increasing job placements.
UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 35 full-time faculty and 300 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 35. Approximately 3300 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
UAF COVID Requirements:
Effective immediately, all new UAF hires, whose job function or work location results in the employee being subject to the UAF vaccine requirements guided by the Federal Contractor Employee vaccine mandate*, must be fully vaccinated with an FDA- or WHO- authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption by January 18, 2022, or before their start date if after January 18, 2022.
*Employees based on UAF’s Troth Yeddha’ (Fairbanks) campus, regardless of university affiliation and remote work status; Employees based in UAF research units outside Fairbanks (including Seward Marine Center, Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center, HAARP, Poker Flat, Lena Point, and Toolik Field Station); and Employees, regardless of their work location, paid by or directly working on impacted UAF federal contracts.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Applicants who now or may in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States are not eligible.
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend