UAF CTC - Allied Health Outreach Coordinator
Apply now Job no: 518515
Classification:Administrative Specialist 3
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Health Profession
UAF Community & Technical College seeks a highly motivated, results-driven, self-starter to coordinate Allied Health programs in rural and Interior Alaska. The successful candidate will assist in developing and administering programs in a variety of healthcare fields, including both direct care provision and administrative support. This new position will be instrumental in building relationships with prospective students, educational sites, and industry partners, and will highlight the high quality healthcare training programs offered by UAF CTC.
This position requires travel both on and off campus, as well as throughout the state when necessary.
To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date of January 3, 2022.
• Attend events and give presentations at high schools, military education centers, home school fairs, college fairs, career fairs, and other events as assigned.
• Maintain a calendar of outreach events and opportunities.
• Participate in CTC Allied Health campaigns during the academic year and summer.
• Communicate effectively with regional industry partners, including promoting CTC Allied Health programs and understanding partner needs.
• Develop recruitment and outreach activities to promote college and UAF CTC programs to prospective students both on and off campus.
• Schedule and facilitate tours as requested, ranging from small to large groups. Essential
20 STRATEGIC PLANNING:
• Devise and implement strategies for overcoming educational challenges in rural and Interior Alaska, such as lack of infrastructure and limited transportation.
• Identify and communicate needs, trends, and gaps of service in healthcare workforce development.
• Advise the CTC Allied Health Director, Associate Dean and Dean on the development of Allied Health programs.
• Ensure that the CTC Allied Health program is collaborating and planning with rural campuses. Essential
25 SPECIALIZED STUDENT SERVICES:
• Identify and communicate specific student needs.
• Advise students on obtaining training that ensures their skills are marketable and job-ready.
• Connect students with educational resources such as tutors and financial aid.
• Advocate for students to receive needed educational support.
• Facilitate student applications to industry certification programs, and facilitate student access to requirements such as background checks and fingerprinting. Essential
35 ACADEMIC PROGRAM SUPPORT:
• Work with UAF rural sites to facilitate the delivery of healthcare education.
• Serve as a dedicated point of contact and liaison between UAF CTC Allied Health programs and delivery sites located throughout rural and Interior Alaska.
• Work with rural and Interior sites to identify and prioritize needs and to expand the delivery of healthcare education and training.
• Work closely with regional industry partners to identify and meet specific needs.
• Take a lead role in facilitating and supporting the development of Allied Health courses that meet the interests of students and the requirements of future employers.
• Serve as liaison between UAF CTC Allied Health programs and other delivery sites to facilitate instructor and course approvals.
• Coordinate travel to and from rural and Interior sites.
• Coordinate logistics related to course offerings, including instructor approvals, course scheduling and syllabi collection.
• Reserve equipment and facility reservations as needed. Essential
5 OTHER DUTIES:
• Perform other duties assigned by the Dean, Associate Dean, or Allied Health Director Essential
The Allied Health Programs Outreach Coordinator will work with underserved students in Interior Alaska and at UAF rural sites to facilitate the delivery of healthcare education. This successful candidate will serve as a dedicated point of contact and liaison between UAF CTC Allied Health programs and delivery sites located throughout rural and Interior Alaska. They will work closely with rural and Interior sites to identify and prioritize needs and coordinate offerings to expand the delivery of healthcare education and training to meet healthcare workforce development needs. This position will help facilitate the expansion of existing networks and Allied Health workforce training opportunities for regional students.
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 9 locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete an associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
In addition, UAF CTC provides career training and development opportunities through workforce development and professional development programs. Staff and faculty have forged close ties with businesses and local agencies, enhancing instruction and increasing job placements. UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 30 full-time faculty and 300 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 30. Approximately 3300 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
- Must be able to work independently as well as being part of a team,.
- Must understand and be able to communicate the value of UAF CTC Allied Health programs. - Must understand target audience and influencers for UAF CTC Allied Health programs. - Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills. - Strong active listening skills. - Proven ability to manage working relationships and interact and communicate effectively with professionalism, discretion, clarity, tact and courtesy. - Knowledge of marketing, social media and current higher education recruitment strategies. - Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines. - Good computer skills including, but not limited to, use of spreadsheets to track and analyze data, presentation software to develop custom presentations, and word processors to draft and edit documents.
- Experience in student recruitment, university admissions, public relations, marketing, communications, education or related experience.
- Experience in coordinating with outside departments and organizations. - Experience in healthcare support and training. - Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and confident phone presence. - Self-motivated and passionate with determination to provide exceptional student and customer service. - Proficient with Google Applications for Education, Microsoft Office Suite, and Banner/Ellucian systems, preferred
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Bachelor's degree in related field and three years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time,
Grade 79, minimum $26.08/hr, DOE, 11-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. This position is open until filled with the initial application review taking place on January 3, 2022. To ensure your application is considered, apply by 11:55 pm, 1/2/2022. Applications received after this date may not be considered. A complete application will include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized for unrestricted employment in the United States. No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
UAF COVID Requirements:
Effective immediately, all new UAF hires, whose job function or work location results in the employee being subject to the UAF vaccine requirements guided by the Federal Contractor Employee vaccine mandate*, must be fully vaccinated with an FDA- or WHO- authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption by January 18, 2022, or before their start date if after January 18, 2022.
*Employees based on UAF’s Troth Yeddha’ (Fairbanks) campus, regardless of university affiliation and remote work status; Employees based in UAF research units outside Fairbanks (including Seward Marine Center, Kodiak Seafood and Marine Science Center, HAARP, Poker Flat, Lena Point, and Toolik Field Station); and Employees, regardless of their work location, paid by or directly working on impacted UAF federal contracts.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 14 Dec 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend