Administrative Manager, CTC Dean's Office
Apply now Job no: 517949
Classification:Administrative Management 2
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Community and Technical College
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Human Resources, Business/Accounting/Finance
UAF Community and Technical College is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to serve as Operations Manager/Executive Assistant to the Dean. The successful candidate must have excellent problem solving skills, excel in analytical thinking and technical writing, listening and oral communication, possess discretion and sound judgement. In-depth knowledge of two different union contracts as well as the Board of Regents policies and University of Alaska regulations and how to apply them is a must. Do you think you're the person we're looking for, if so, please apply before October 4, 2021 to be considered in the first review of applicants!
40 Executive Administrative Support
• Serves as a member of executive management team and requires a high level of confidentiality; deals with sensitive information on a day-to-day basis.
• Provide complex administrative support for UAF CTC Dean and Executive Officer including special projects, report generation, statistical gathering and interpretation of results.
• Represents the Dean or Dean’s office as necessary, at administrative meetings and functions when he/she is unable to attend.
• Researches and provides solutions on problems regarding administrative professional issues, human resources planning, academic policy and procedures, student related issues
• Serves as a liaison between the Dean and other University administrators, members of the UAF CTC Advisory Council, public and private officials, various boards, faculty, staff, students, and the various publics served by UAF CTC. Communicates and/or interprets policies, decisions, and documents issued by the University and UAF CTC.
• Liaison to Fairbanks Police and Fire Departments and University Police Department for security matters.
• Safeguards the confidentiality of University administration by exercising discretion when communicating information to faculty, students, staff and the various publics served by UAF CTC and handling administrative records and files with confidentiality. Essential
60 Operations Manager
• Provide consultation & guidance regarding contract guidelines governed by the 2 faculty unions representing UAF CTC full-time and part-time faculty. As a key resource for faculty, must remain familiar with UNAC and Adjunct collective bargaining agreements, UAF faculty policies and regulations and UA/BOR policies and regulations.
• Coordinate faculty workloads (pre and post). Review, verify information, and recommend changes on the workloads throughout the academic year in order to ensure accurate accounting and compliance of faculty activities. Manage full-time faculty contracts.
• Coordinate promotion and tenure review processes. Monitor and ensure the integrity of data related to faculty rank, tenure, and discipline and workload status from system-wide reporting.
• Ensures compliance with the UAF provost requirements regarding full-time faculty hiring processes by originating Job Request Forms that require the distillation of faculty job duties and the relevance and critical nature of the position to the program and UAF CTC as a whole.
• Analyzes faculty vita to determine salary placement in alignment with UAF provost guidelines. Requires research of prospective faculty members’ experience and an understanding of experience applicability to the position in order to advise the Dean on appropriate starting salaries.
• Provide reports on faculty data to UAF CTC Dean and university community as requested.
• Analyzes current processes and systems and assists with strategic planning.
• Leads planning and delivery of projects. Focuses on meeting project commitments including reports to communications with university administrators, faculty, staff students, community members and other stakeholders.
• Serves as lead in developing new and updating existing reporting such as UAF CTC’s Business Plan, Strategic Plan, Annual Unit Plan and Program Assessment reports.
• Develops complex TOAD queries to extract student and financial data from Banner; analyzes the results and synthesizes the data into multi-faceted reports.
• Interprets and formats complex data into uncomplicated reporting that can be easily assimilated while still communicating the intent of the information.
• Interpret, edit and format data from sources inside and outside UAF CTC to meet informational needs of the unit.
• Provide information for reports through research, data retrieval, compiling and/or tabulating statistics, and organizing and presenting the information in useable and understandable formats.
• Supervise, mentor, provide coordination of administrative assistants assigned to the 40 plus programs as well as Dean’s front office.
• Ensure proper implementation of UA policy and administrative/academic procedures throughout UAF CTC units.
• Complete annual performance reviews with administrative assistants.
• Coordinates continuing education and training for the administrative assistants to include regular fiscal, student services and HR training as well as other continuing education and professional development. Ensure administrative assistants are current on all UAF required training; strategize and assist administrative assistants in ensuring UAF required training compliance of temporary employees attached to their programs.
• Keeps informed of events or personnel scheduling conflicts, assists in assigning administrative coverage when needed. Essential
This position is a vital member of the Dean's staff. The position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of UAF CTC and problem solves issues on behalf of the Dean to ensure compliance. The position will assist with oversight of administrative assistants in several locations, ensuring consistency in work. Frequent travel to sites on- and off-campus for training, facilitation of meetings, and other office errands, as well as occasional travel to outside locations will be required. This position must be prepared to handle any situation and make appropriate decisions or referrals.
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 9 locations throughout Fairbanks and the Tanana Valley of Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete and associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
In addition, UAF CTC provides career training and development opportunities through workforce development and professional development programs. Staff and faculty have forged close ties with businesses and local agencies, enhancing instruction and increasing job placements. UAF CTC employs a diverse population of approximately 30 full-time faculty and 300 adjunct faculty who are represented by two unions and a staff of about 30. Approximately 3300 students attend UAF CTC. They are culturally diverse and include many non-traditional students and students from the military community.
Problem solving, analytical thinking, listening and oral communication skills, discretion, sound judgment. In-depth knowledge of two different union contracts and how to apply them. Knowledge of BOR policies and UA regulations, UA protocol, and academic guidelines. Problem solving, supervision, extensive working knowledge of UAF personnel procedures. Knowledge of university financial system and related financial and account regulations. Organizational skills, attention to detail, UAHR payroll / timesheet policies and procedures. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Computer applications - Word, Excel or equivalent, Internet and email systems.
Bachelor's degree and three years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience with progressively responsible experience in an administrative or executive assistant position in a supervisory role or an equivalent combination of training and experience to include organization and/or project management, human/labor relations and administration.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
A minimum of three years college coursework or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Alaska driver's license is required.
Please attach the following to complete your application: -Resume -Cover letter detailing qualifications for this position -3 professional employment references to include names, professional relationship, address and contact phone number.
This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt staff position complete with both a competitive salary and
full employee benefits package. New hires will be placed on the UA salary schedule, Grade 81, based on education and experience. This recruitment is open until filled with the initial application review taking place on October 4th, 2021. To ensure consideration for this position, please apply by 11:55 pm Alaska Standard Time on October 3, 2021.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 15 Sep 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend