The position will work with the Director of Marketing, Sponsorships, & Fan Engagement to create sponsorship packages and develop partnerships with corporations and organizations. This includes identifying potential sponsors, soliciting sponsorships, and executing of sponsorship agreements. This position is responsible for the execution of marketing efforts and promotions on game day. This person will also work with the Sports Information Director to develop new strategies for digital and social communication. This position will assist in the creation of new media marketing, digital media advertising, fundraising strategies, promotions, and sponsorship development and fulfillment for UAF Athletics.
Sell game and corporate sponsorships.
Secure website sponsorships for Nanook Athletics.
Secure VIP area sponsorships for Hockey/Volleyball/Basketball.
Build a strong fan base with sponsorships that will increase revenue for both Patty Center, Carlson Center, and UAF Athletics.
Blue and Gold Fund Drive.
Design fund drive brochures, coordinate volunteers and call on prospects to make philanthropic contributions to the Blue and Gold Club.Essential
45Plan and coordinate all athletics fundraising, sponsorship activities and events as it applies to Athletic Development and coordination with the University Development and Foundation Offices.
Activities and events to include future events, such as the Nanook Golf Classic, UAF Sport’s Auction, All-Sport Golf Tournament including securing hole sponsors(may require travel), tailgates, V.I.P. receptions, Tanana Valley Fair events, Carlson Center events, Patty Center Concessions with potential alcohol sales, etc.
Develop additional revenue sources as they apply to athletics and athletic scholarships. (Nanook Gathering, Alumni Mile, Volleyball Spring Alumni Gathering, Basketball Reunion, Alumni Club, Face-Off Club, etc.)
Blue and Gold Fund Drive Design fund drive brochures, coordinate volunteers and call on prospects to donate to the Blue and Gold Club
Plan and coordinate the UAF Athletic Ticket Sales and distribution for all athletic events.
Attend Blue and Gold luncheons (weekly during school year)
Attend UAF Development and Foundation Meetings
Assist the AD in overseeing and tracking coaches fundraising projects, events, camps, and promotional accounts.
Assist in areas of development (fund raising) activities including prospect identification and management, personal solicitation, corporate and foundation relations, major gifts, planned giving and special events management for the UAF Foundation.
Monitor and work phone-a-thons, preparing scripts for callers, assisting in the development of all accompanying literature, etc. for solicitation mailings, assist donors in establishing endowments and setting award criteria.
Assist coaches in the planning and monitoring of the individual Sports Athletic Awards Banquets/Luncheons.
Meet weekly with the Athletic Director and VC of University Advancement to outline and evaluate activities, events, goals, and bench mark achievements.
Meet monthly with the AD to present activity/event reviews and bench mark achievements and goals to date.Essential
• Create, develop, sell, and execute corporate sponsorship packages for UAF Athletics.
• Execute the fulfillment of all sponsorship contracts, including arena and stadium signage, public address announcements, in-game promotions, logo recognition and all other components incorporated into a game presentation.
• Manage event presentation, game experience and sponsorship activation for UAF Athletics, but not limited to, creating and managing video board content, designing elements as needed, managing game day staff, and building out a complete fan experience in-venue.
• Assists in all facets of ticket sales to UAF athletic events, including season sponsorship and ticket sales, renewals, and group sales.
• Manage Graduate Assistant and student workers for Athletics including scheduling of grassroots initiatives for the marketing department.
• Coordinate in-game promotions and execute theme game nights.
• Prepare pregame, in-game, and post-game video board elements for all home hockey games.
• Day-to-day management of athletics e-blasts, including newsletters, ticket promotions, week-of emails, etc.
• Implement effective marketing of promotions and events via all communication channels and media.
• Coordinate on-campus activation methods to promote upcoming games and increase exposure.
• Work closely with on-campus departments (Student Activities, etc.) to grow the athletics brand and increase school spirit.
• Assist with season ticket renewals, group sales, ticket promotions, and community events to promote athletics events.
• Assist with account management and stewardship for all donor tickets, season tickets, and group sales accounts.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and adhere to applicable University, NCAA, and Conference rules and regulations.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Expert knowledge of marketing and advertising principles.
Expert knowledge of athletics administration.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of multiple sports programs. Advanced knowledge of marketing, advertising and fundraising principles.
Advanced program, project and facilities management skills. Advanced budgeting and fiscal skills.
Ability to develop and initiate sound recommendations to executive management.
Ability to create and implement effective long range and strategic plans.
Ability to develop and recommend programs/projects.
Previous experience with multiple components of specialized athletics programs that are large in complexity and scope. Experience with internal and external constituencies. Create reports and reporting to executive level leadership. Negotiate partnerships, agreements and contracts with external organizations, sponsors and agencies. Managing business opportunities and corporate partnerships. Managing marketing, promotion, and fundraising initiatives and activities. Planning, execution, and management of athletic events.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Master’s degree in related field and three years progressively responsible experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This is a full-time, Grade 81, minimum $2,469.60 biweekly, DOE, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. UA employees receive excellent benefits including participation in State of Alaska PERS retirement, 12 paid holidays per year, tuition waivers for employees and family members, and affordable medical, dental and vision care coverage.
*To be eligible for this position, applicants must be legally authorized for unrestricted employment in the United States. No work visas will be sponsored for this position.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and the names and contact information (email and phone number) for three (3) professional references with your application.
This position is open until filled with the initial applications review taking place on October 4, 2021. To ensure consideration please apply by 11:55 pm Alaska Standard Time, October 3, 2021.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual: www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.