Clery Compliance Coordinator
Apply now Job no: 516086
Classification:Administrative Professional 1
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:UAF Student Services
Categories: Law/Enforcement/Compliance, Other, Administrative/Personnel
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is looking for qualified applicants to join our Center for Student Rights and Responsibilities (CSRR) team as a Clery Compliance Coordinator. This individual will be responsible for the implementation and interpretation of applicable federal, state, and campus policies/regulations required for compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). The Clery Compliance Coordinator will work in coordination with the Associate and Executive Directors in CSRR to provide leadership, direction and integration of the Clery Act compliance for the Fairbanks campus, rural campuses, as well as separate campus and non-campus properties. This position reports directly to the Executive Director for the Center for Student Rights and Responsibilities. This position will be responsible for managing reports, including the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASFSR), as well as, records and documentation vital to ensuring campus compliance with the Clery Act.
10 10% OPERATIONS SUPPORT
• Work as an integral team member of CSRR, cross train where necessary
• Work on projects and committees as assigned
• Provide daily administrative support to CSRR
• Assist with compliance related to the Drug Free Schools and Safe Campuses regulations
• Other duties as assigned Essential
20% COLLABORATION & OUTREACH
• Works collaboratively with various offices at the university to ensure the institution's compliance with the Clery Act and associated regulations.
• Delivers safety & campus security education to students, staff, and faculty
• Educate & train on key institutional stakeholders on Clery Act requirements such as Timely Warning Notices, Emergency Notifications, Missing Student Notification Policies, and VAWA requirements.
• Establish and manage Clery Act compliance programs at separate campuses
• Organize and help facilitate a Clery Act compliance committee
• Coordinates with university departments to maintain and develop an accurate list of Clery-reportable locations and maps
• Collaborate with the appropriate campus departments to conduct and document annual tests of University’s emergency response procedures
• Represents the system at local, state and national campus public safety conferences, training and meetings.
• Collaborate with local law enforcement agencies in the prevention, control and investigation of activities impacting University personnel, students and facilities as related to the Clery Act Essential
70 70% CLERY COMPLIANCE
• Manage the University’s Clery Act compliance program, including development of policies and procedures and tracking for adherence of requirements
• Maintain and prepare documentation and records retention required for compliance under the Clery Act
• Stays abreast of pending and final changes to the Clery Act and other laws or regulations affecting Clery Act provisions.
• Develop and maintain procedures/policies to ensure Clery Act compliance across UAF and rural campuses to include effective practices in Residence Life, University Police, Fire and campus partners
• Prepare, publish and distribute the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, and prepare communications for campus community regarding its availability
• Assist in identifying and training of Campus Security Authorities (CSA) annually as well as facilitate Clery Act training across the university
• Collect, analyze, classify and document crime statistics from various departments, CSAs and law enforcement agencies
• Submit annual statistics to the Department of Education
• Maintain information regarding timely warnings, emergency notifications and fire safety data Essential
To ensure consideration, please apply prior to
Alaska Standard Time. Please attach resume, cover letter and three professional references to include phone, title and company. January 17, 2021 at 11:55 pm
This is a full-time,
Grade 79, minimum $54,246.40 annually DOE, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package.
Significant working knowledge of laws and regulations associated with the Clery Act, Department of Education Mandates, and related federal, state and local laws and regulations including FERPA, Title IX and VAWA
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, university and agency personnel. Ability to work with diverse peoples. Ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy. Ability to exhibit discretion, confidence, initiative, and flexibility. Ability to achieve cooperation utilizing negotiation and relationship building techniques. Demonstrated commitment to teamwork. Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
Oral and Written Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively in writing, proofread documents, and compose professional correspondence. Ability to create and deliver presentations to diverse populations of students, staff, faculty members, external constituents, multiple departments, and community campuses.
Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a changing environment with shifting deadlines and priorities. Ability to map out tasks associated with a project and create a timeline to perform the work. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and produce results. Ability to utilize an online student conduct database. Ability to file records.
Preferred: Familiar with Maxient (or equivalent student conduct software)
Ability to use MS Office Suite to compose correspondence, create spreadsheets, and prepare presentations (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to set-up and use database and records management software programs to organize data and run reports.
Preferred: 3 years of related work experience with Clery Act compliance program including experience with drafting Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, classifying crimes and gathering crime statistics.
Preferred: Work experience within an institution of higher education.
Required Education or Training:
Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent of combined education, training and experience in fields related to communications, higher education, criminal justice, legal studies, or compliance.
Preferred: Master’s degree in communications, law enforcement, higher education or related field.
Preferred: Advanced Clery Training (D.Staffords & Associates or equivalent).
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 11 Jan 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend