Donor Relations Officer
Apply now Job no: 515078
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:UAA VC University Advancement
Categories: Development/Alumni Affairs
UAA is seeking a very well-organized "people person" to work with donors and university staff to assure that donated funds are stewarded, benefactors are acknowledged and appropriately thanked, and, where appropriate, conditions for new gifts are created and carefully communicated.
20 Acknowledgement –
• Coordination with the UA Foundation's Senior Director of Donor Relations to provide quality assurance that each and every donor to UAA receives an accurate and timely acknowledgement of their giving, including confirmation of pledges and pledge payments and ensure that communications are entered into individual donor records in a timely fashion.
• Provide coordination and liaison needed between the Development Team and the UA Foundation relating to acknowledgement of gifts.
• Keep records and develop reports documenting quality of acknowledgement programs and particulars and provide those to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development for distribution to stakeholders as necessary and appropriate.
• May be required to develop acknowledgement letters for the Do's and the chancellor. Essential
20 Recognition, including events-
• Work with DO's and event staff to plan, implement, and evaluate tailored events to recognize such circumstances.
• Plan, develop, implement and be accountable for special events that have a goal of maximizing donor relations and prospect cultivation and recognition. Essential
25 Strategy & Planning & Reporting --
• Provide strategic input to the UAA Donor Relations program.
• Collaborate with UAA Development Officers on prospect/donor strategies that include stewardship, and ensure each strategy extends beyond a possible gift to include stewardship.
• Work with the DO’s to agree on suggested changes, keeping in mind that once a gift is made, the manager of the DO will be responsible for assuring quality.
• Annually review/adapt the UA Foundation donor relations plan to account for particular circumstances of UAA, as needed. Adaptations should take into account campus demographics, specific curricula and programs, organization and structure, and specific direction from leadership in development, advancement, and academics.
• Keep records and develop reports documenting quality of these strategies and provide those to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development for distribution to stakeholders as necessary and appropriate. Essential
30 Stewardship –
• Coordinating with UAA Development Officers, design and coordinate stewardship activities for the UAA campus to fit each giving level.
• Maintain quality assurance for UAA stewardship activities.
• Coordinate communications with donors to share the impact of their philanthropic giving.
• Keep records and develop reports documenting quality of these stewardship activities and provide those to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development for distribution to stakeholders as necessary and appropriate.
• In collaboration with Development staff, develop procedures for identifying major prospects for invitation to events as donor cultivation tool.
• Maintain communications with Development Officers who are directly responsible for specific donors and academic units to ensure that donors are receiving consistent messages from UAA.
• Develop systems to track and report stewardship, strategy and planning, acknowledgement and recognition to document communications with the UA Foundation, DO's, Alumni Relations, and University Relations.
• Establish procedures to administer major donor acknowledgement process that achieves maximum donor involvement and recognition. Develop, implement and manage procedures to increase awareness, stewardship, involvement and recognition for donors. Essential
5 Other duties as assigned-
• Provide general assistance to support successful operations of the Development Team at UAA and the virtual Donor Relations team at the UA Foundation and on other campuses. Essential
UAA is seeking a very well-organized "people person" to work with donors and university staff to assure that donated funds are stewarded, benefactors are acknowledged and appropriately thanked, and, where appropriate, conditions for new gifts are created and carefully communicated. To be a successful donor relations officer, a candidate should be detail-oriented, experienced in team work, planning, and accountability, and able to solve problems. Previous experience in higher education, donor relations, or development are a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of philanthropic support
• Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and donor relations. • Familiarity with and/or ability to learn the results, regulations, policies and procedures related to the University system and the philanthropic sector. • Exceptional customer service/public relations skills. • Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. • Digital Engagement Expertise. • Excellent organization and critical thinking skills. • Networking, and research skills. • Ability to be accurate, pay attention to details and operate in a confidential manner. • Ability to create, organize, and analyze complex reports. • Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships. • Ability to balance needs of donors with institutional priorities. • Ability to represent the University with the highest degree of professionalism and positive public relations to all donor and friends at University sponsored and non-sponsored events.
• Strong organizational skills are required, as well as the ability to be flexible, take initiative, and prioritize responsibilities.
• Effective strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. • An ability to collaborate with individuals from a diverse set of disciplines and backgrounds. • Comfortable working in a large complex system environment that encompasses diverse communities, people, cultures, and customs. • Demonstrated ability to handle confidential materials, including personal donor details, discretely and responsibly. • Demonstrated initiative and interest in the field of fundraising and philanthropy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, business, public administration or relevant field or minimum of 4 years of related administrative and work experience, preferably in a professional office or university setting, OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time,
Grade 79, minimum $25.82/hr, DOE, 12-month position complete with a competitive salary and UA employee benefits package. This is an open until filled recruitment with the initial application review taking place on July 6, 2020.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
The University of Alaska (UA) is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact UA Human Resources by phone at 907-450-8200.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UA is an AA/EO employer and educational institution and prohibits illegal discrimination against any individual:
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
Public Disclosure Statement:
Your application for employment with the University of Alaska is subject to public disclosure under the Alaska Public Records Act.
University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace.
University of Alaska campuses are Tobacco-Free.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska (UA) that all employees are required to complete training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period to remain employed at the UA.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact University of Alaska HR at 907-450-8200.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 23 Jun 2020
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend