University of Alaska Fairbanks seeks an Executive Director of UAF eCampus to foster and build a vision of 21st century teaching and learning research-based excellence.
University of Alaska Fairbanks seeks an Executive Director of UAF eCampus (https://ecampus.uaf.edu/) to foster and build a vision of 21st century teaching and learning research-based excellence.
This full-time Administrative position provides a rare opportunity to provide leadership for ongoing transformative change supporting diverse programs in multiple modalities and enhance faculty professional development nationally and internationally, across the state of Alaska, and on the Fairbanks campus. As a member of UAF’s management team, the Executive Director of UAF eCampus participates in setting direction for the university mission and promoting UAF as an important part of the local economy, and a principal contributor to quality of life in the community. This position plays a key role in UAF’s efforts to provide quality and affordable education to all Alaskans.
UAF eCampus is a comprehensive center for the strategic development, design, delivery, marketing, and support of online courses and programs. This office provides centralized support to students and tiered development programs for faculty. Instructional designers in this unit facilitate faculty development workshops, cohorts, and open lab sessions for instructors, while student service personnel provide assistance with advising, registration, exam proctoring, and more. In 2018, UAF eCampus served more than 5,000 distinct students and generated nearly 40,000 student credit hours.
You will be an entrepreneurial, visionary leader with expertise in online learning and culturally responsive pedagogy and course/program development, and will have strong fiscal management skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Standards-based approach to quality assurance
- Program and learning outcomes assessment
- Existing and emerging educational innovative technology
- Project management and the use of metrics to identify resource needs and provide accountability
- Current knowledge of teaching excellence grounded in educational research and expertise.
- Enrollment management
- Teaching online in a college, university, or similar institutional setting
- Significant administrative experience in higher education
- Trends in online education, including scholarship contributing to the field
- Regulatory and compliance issues related to distance education
- Understanding of the marketplace and strategies for being competitive in the markets relative to this position
Required Education and Experience
Masters or PhD with significant experience in both leading and managing distance learning/online deliveries in higher education and/or research institutions.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information (email and phone number) for three (3) professional references.
Additional Materials to Include in Application:
Provide a statement that describes previous activities supporting and mentoring minorities, women, or members of other underrepresented groups.
Are you ready for challenges?
- Supporting and mentoring minorities, women, or members of the other underrepresented groups;
- Vision for, and working towards creating a UAF Center for Teaching and Learning or similar entity to advance research and scholarship in teaching excellence.
- Working within the UA President's strategic enrollment effort to leverage eCampus to raise enrollment.
- Increase student success rates and plan of action for retention.
Applications must be received prior to 11:55 PM Alaska time on January 7, 2019 to be considered. Applications received after this time and date may not be considered for this position.
This position is designated as an officer of the university or senior administrator at the discretion of the president.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UAF. The policy can be located at: http://www.uaf.edu/chancellor/policy/04.07.010/
UAF Campus is a tobacco free campus. For more information, please go to: http://www.uaf.edu/tobaccofreecampus/
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University’s commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA’s statement of nondiscrimination available at www.alaska.edu/nondiscrimination