Fiscal Technician - UAA General Support Services
Apply now Job no: 510672
Classification:Fiscal Technician 2
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:VCAS Financial Services
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Office/Clerical, Other
UAA General Support Services includes the Copy & Print Center, Mailroom/Central Receiving, Surplus & Relocation, and Recycling functions. The Fiscal Technician reports to the Fiscal Officer and provides support in all areas related to the fiscal operations of the department.
30 Deposits, Cash Handling, Cost Center, and other duties:
• Verify and balance cashiers’ deposits and change funds.
• Prepare bank deposits and secure cash drawers and deposits.
• Prepare daily deposits.
• Match and verify for accuracy receipts of deposits.
• Perform cashiering responsibilities when needed.
• Assist in research related to recharge rates and preparation of annual recharge rate submission documents.
• Assist Campus Property Coordinator with campus-wide physical inventory and other tasks related to UAA fixed assets processing (to include knowledge of Property processes and required documents, Banner entry, research of POs, communication and training assistance to departmental Property Custodians).
• Serve as backup departmental Cost Center Clerk, assisting in preparation of job forms, appointment letters, and providing basic information or appropriate referral to GSS hires/staff. Essential
70 Accounts Payable/Receivable, Account Reconciliation:
• Closeout weekly and monthly work orders from print management software. Reconcile and process accounts receivables (jv and invoice).
• Prepare and reconcile sales reports from print management software.
• Preparation and entry of journal vouchers for all areas of General Support Services.
o Includes use of FedEx, UPS, Endicia, and Neopost software/reports.
• Preparation of invoices for external accounts.
• Receive and track payments from vendors and invoiced customers.
• Submit PO requisitions, verify payment to vendors.
• Research billing and invoicing discrepancies or issues related to vendor statements, internal and external customers. Provide backup documentation to customers as requested.
• Assist in preparation of management reports as well as monthly/quarterly/year end reports. Includes assisting in compiling expenditure and revenue projections and other budget documents.
• Maintain departmental fiscal files, including maintenance of hard copy filing systems and scanning for archives.
• Reconcile departmental purchasing card accounts, ensuring policies and procedures are followed, providing backup and other documentation as requested by the Procard Administrator. Essential
This Fiscal Technician in UAA General Support Services provides direct support to the department related to accounts payable, accounts receivable and other fiscal functions. This position reports to the Fiscal Officer and requires a highly dependable, detail-oriented and organized individual.
Knowledge of automated accounting systems, and electronic spreadsheets. Prefer experience with Excel, Word and Access. Knowledge of cash control methods. Knowledge of accounting system functions or procedures (e.g. accounts receivable, accounts payable). Intermediate fiscal skills. Analytical and problem solving skills. Verification, monitoring and reconciling skills. Ability to resolve issues. Ability to maintain accounts and data. Ability to understand fiscal and purchasing policies, rules & regulations. Intermediate computer and spreadsheet skills.
Ability to understand, interpret, and properly apply fiscal, purchasing, and property policies, rules, and regulations. Preferred experience/proficiency in Banner Finance.
Required Experience: One year minimum experience in relevant fiscal functions in a business environment.
Typical Education or Training: Associates Degree in Accounting or related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Minimum Starting Hourly Salary: $ 19.15
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 06 Nov 2018
Applications close: Alaskan Standard Time
28 Nov 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend