UAF CTC Fiscal Technician 3
Apply now Job no: 510650
Classification:Fiscal Technician 3
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:Community and Technical College
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Business/Accounting/Finance
UAF's Community and Technical College is seeking an energetic Fiscal Technician to be part of our education and workforce development team.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, regular staff position that provides fiscal support to the varied programs offered at UAF-CTC.
To ensure consideration, please apply prior to the review date of November 16, 2018 at 11:55 pm Alaska Standard Time. This is open as an internal recruitment to University of Alaska employees only.
10 Maintains Property Inventory for CTC. Prepares and maintains a detailed database of all CTC tagged property. Reviews all property annually to ensure compliance in tagging and disposal of inventory. Prepares annual inventory report. Essential
90 • Reconciles accounts, audits, makes necessary adjustments and tracks financial and statistical data.
• Responsible for preparing specialized and/or complicated purchase requisitions. Audits and tracks all POs to include all data entry in Banner. Processes POs ensuring sufficient funds are available and manages receiving for delivery of merchandise. Reviews invoices for appropriate documentation and enters information into Banner for payment.
• Reviews Procard statements and receipts monthly for every CTC Procard holder. Corrects all discrepancies or errors by JV and notifies cardholder. Ensures all Procard accounts are reconciled timely and correctly within strict guidelines. Monitors all waivers and that appropriate waivers are requested and approved by Procard Administrator. Explains UA rules and policies to Procard holders.
• Maintains large petty cash fund. Safeguards safe receipt and handling of cash along with the reconciliation of transactions. Scrutinizes receipts for proper coding, balances cash drawer, and prepares reports for auditing. Adheres to all UA regulations regarding cash handling.
• Responsible for all CTC’s facilities utility payments. Creates and maintains archive files and historical data.
• Works with pre- and post-awards with proposal preparation, budget calculations, submission, management and reporting. Monitors projects for compliance. Prepares paperwork with Foundation and Grants & Contracts to renew continuing grants on an annual basis.
• Serves as primary contact and expert resource for CTC travel. Prepares all travel requests, acquires necessary signatures, arranges flight and hotel accommodations and completes final reports with all required documentation needed for timely and accurate reimbursements to the travelers. Verifies business justification for each trip and use of the correct account codes based on purpose of travel and program codes. Obtains approval of funding availability from fiscal manager and that grant funds, travel destination, time, and purpose are authorized prior to travel. Has a solid understanding of UAF travel regulations & policies and stays informed on changes to per diem rates and changing policies. Works with airlines to get refunds, lower fares and credits.
• Reconciles balance sheets.
• Orders supplies and copy machine paper.
• Handles other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Essential
UAF CTC offers 40 associate degrees, certificates, and occupational endorsements at 9 locations throughout Fairbanks and the Interior Alaska. UAF CTC is responsive to local and regional vocational and technical training needs, and focuses on workforce development to meet the needs of the region and the state. UAF CTC's programs also provide students with the academic framework to help them achieve their higher education goals, whether it is to complete and associate of arts degree or transfer to a baccalaureate program.
Our broad geographic outlay adds a level of complexity to operations and communication. The incumbent to this position will apply highly tuned organizational and communication skills to accomplish workload in an efficient and compliant manner. They must apply critical thinking skills to reach goals/objectives without detailed guidance from direct supervisor.
The successful candidate for this position must clearly demonstrate they possess the following requirements:
A minimum of two years experience in accounting or relevant related field
A minimum of one year college coursework in accounting or relevant related field; or an equivalent combination or training and experience
Mathematical and accounting acuity
Knowledge in advanced accounting/bookkeeping practices and processes
Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite (demonstrated knowledge of Excel)
Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to thrive working both independently and collaboratively
Additionally, the incumbent will:
Be able to use resources and networking to provide faculty, staff and students with accurate information regarding academic and non-academic University policies and procedures
Be able to differentiate between multiple program accounts/budgets for expenditures
Take initiative to resolve significant and complex issues in an efficient manner with minimal supervision
Be dependable, respectful and consistently work to uphold ethics and standards
Although not required for consideration, the following knowledge is also preferred:
A knowledge UA BOR policies & regulations
UA Statewide Accounting Manual, GAAP
State Procurement regulations
Federal Travel regulations
Working knowledge of Banner
Please attach the following to complete your application:
Cover letter detailing your qualifications for this position
3 professional employment references to include names, professional relationship, address and contact phone number.
You may attach supplemental documents as additional information to support your application if desired.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UAF. The policy can be located at:
UAF Campus is a tobacco free campus. For more information, please go to:
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University's commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA's statement of nondiscrimination available at
If you have difficulty applying to this position you may contact Dianna James, UAF CTC Human Resources Manager at 907-455-2863, or the UAF Office of Human Resources at 907-474-7700.
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 07 Nov 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend