Career Education Admissions & Registration Specialist
Apply now Job no: 510033
Classification:Ext Temporary Clerical
Grade:Temporary Staff Grade 78
Work type: Temporary
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Southeast
School/Business unit:School of Career Education
Categories: Education/Instructional, Office/Clerical, Other
The Career Education Admissions & Registration Specialist has a pivotal role in Career Education recruitment, marketing, and student success. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about student enrollment, retention, and success. Are you passionate about the programs offered at the University of Alaska Southeast School of Career Education? The school is currently seeking a temporary staff member to help increase student enrollment and help coordinate various recruiting initiatives directed specifically at the School of Career Education.
25 Admissions and Student Registration [First Semester]
Provide students with general information about UAS degree programs, course prerequisites, and assign program advisor in chosen field. General Duties: Review with students; UAOnline, UASOnline, Degree Works, and e-learning platforms. Assist students in accessing placement testing, how to locate Program/Academic Advisor, disability support services, mental health counseling, health clinic services, career advising, academic exchange and study abroad programs. Direct students to appropriate resources throughout UAS and the UA system Essential
25 Marketing and Communications
Collaboration with UAS Creative Agency for publications, Web-Based Communication & Graphic Design: May assist in designing, producing program communications for the School of Career Education programs. Prepares brochures, newsletters, flyers, event schedules, marketing materials and/or news releases for dissemination to internal/external audiences, as assigned. Use up-to-date software to create and improve websites and thematically integrates hardcopy and electronic products, as assigned. * Special Projects as assigned Essential
50 Recruitment, retention and student outreach
1) Serve as primary contact and key communications resource for Career Education and prospective student.
2) Oversee successful student registration in the first semester. Assign student to the appropriate faculty program advisor.
3) Plans and coordinates Career Education events as related to student recruitment.
4) Research issues/topics related to recruitment, partnerships [K12] and outreach that are pertinent to Career Education and its degree programs.
5) Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with all department chairs/program lead faculty to advance Career Education mission. Work with Tech Prep Coordinator to recruit past and present TP students into CED programs.
6) Create outreach campaigns to attract students who represent the best fit for Career Education programs. Analyze existing enrollment management activities, and collaborate with department chairs/program lead faculty to design and implement student recruitment and retention strategies.
7) Travel to outlining Southeast Alaska areas for recruitment. Essential
Required Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent training and experience.
Three years of progressively responsible experience in an office or related field
Excellent interpersonal skills
Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
Knowledge about the School of Career Education programs
Previous experience should include work in post-secondary education
Experience in a diverse workplace, including Alaska Native communities
Knowledge of education statistical reporting and general outreach strategies
The incumbent will be eligible to work up to 80 hours in a pay period, but is required to have a 120 day break in service after 18 months. This is a full-time, 9 month, temporary staff assignment. This is an extended temporary assignment that includes optional health benefits and sick leave accrual. For more information about the UAS School of Career Education go to the following site:
This is an open until filled recruitment with initial applicant review occurring on August 31st, 2018. Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references. For assistance with the online application, or to submit a request for ADA accommodation please contact the UAS HR Office, 907-796-6263.
As a public, regional, comprehensive university, UAS is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All interested persons should apply online. For further assistance with the application process contact Gail Cheney, Director of Human Resources.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 08 Aug 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend