UAS Student Ambassador
Apply now Job no: 509119
Classification:Student Assistant C
Work type: Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Southeast
School/Business unit:Student Services
Categories: Office/Clerical, Student Affairs/Services
Our Student Ambassadors will work with the Admissions Counselors and the Student Resource Center to serve as a liaison between the University of Alaska Southeast and prospective students. Primary duties include leading campus tours, assisting with administrative office duties, student outreach, initial point of contact for the Student Resource Center, appointment scheduling and helping with various campus and community events. This is a great opportunity to gain first-hand student recruitment and professional customer service experience, while attending classes. Student Ambassadors will be scheduled to work full-time (80 hours per pay period) in the summer, and the option of working part-time (40 hours per pay period) during the academic year. Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis and filled as positions become available.
• Coordinate and lead campus tours
• Collaborate with planning, preparation and execution of outreach events
• Establish relationships with prospective students
• Call prospective students throughout the enrollment process
• Provide students with general information about UAS degree programs, course prerequisites, and how to access UAOnline, UASOnline, DegreeWorks, and e-learning platforms.
• Answer multiple phone lines, email accounts, will manage multiple calendars setting appointments, making reminder phone calls, making correct referrals to appropriate offices and staff the front desk in the Student Resource Center; direct students to appropriate resources throughout UAS and the UA system.
• Assist with various projects as needed Essential
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Ability to provide excellent customer service
Ability to develop strong interpersonal skills
Dependability, available to work occasionally in the evenings and on the weekends.
Commitment to serve as an UAS representative to local community members.
Student Employment Requirements:
Must be a UAS student enrolled in a maximum of six credit hours throughout employment period. Summer employees must be enrolled in at least 6 credits for the upcoming Fall semester, and are not required to take summer courses for student employment.
Must have a 2.0 cumulative GPA, unless a first time freshman.
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references. For assistance with the online application or to submit a request for ADA accommodation please contact the UAS HR Office, 907-796-6263.
Student Ambassadors will be scheduled to work full-time (80 hours per pay period) in the summer, and the option of working part-time (40 hours per pay period) during the academic year. Initial applicant review will take place on April 30th, 2018.
As a public, regional, comprehensive university, UAS is committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization and strongly encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. All interested persons should apply online. For further assistance with the application process contact Human Resources at 907-796-6263 or email email@example.com.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 16 Apr 2018
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend