ROTC Program Assistant
Apply now Job no: 508383
Classification:Administrative Generalist 3
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:Community & Technical College
UAA's Community and Technical College is seeking an Program Assistant for the Army and Air Force ROTC programs. This position will support the Army ROTC and Air Force ROTC departments. This is a 20 hour a week, 12 month position. Need to be a self-starter with strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work and communicate well with a diverse population.
15 Procurement Support: Works/liaises with appropriate University budget personnel to:
- Mail correspondence through USPS, FeDEX, and/or UPS
- Procures office supplies (~$2,000 per year in toner and paper)
- Pay for office periodicals
- Procure invitations and programs for department events
- Manage staff travel (to include plane reservations, rental car, etc)
- Accomplish staff travel vouchers
- Reserve and pay for venue rentals (i.e., the Dome, WFSC, Fine Arts Mainstage , Hilton, etc)
- Pay for various conferences and symposiums
- Procure recognition plaques and awards
- Researches and procures organizational marketing items
- Procure refreshments for recruiting/marketing events
- Procures funding for catering events (i.e., food requests over $100) Essential
15 University Liaison:
- Advises Director/Commander on UAA policy, procedures, and hierarchy.
- Coordinates with the university help desk to ensure adequate computer and phone support
- Banner expert
- Monitor''s student grades to resolution (i.e., GPA''s, Incompletes, D''s and F''s). Cadets are susceptible to probation-type actions if they receive an I, D, F or their GPA falls below a 2.5 threshold
- Liaise''s with University officials (i.e., registrar, maintenance, faculty ID, etc)
- Facilitates incoming/outgoing personnel into UAA system (i.e., email, ID cards, phone book, phone ID, etc). (Note: Personnel rotate through department on an annual basis)
- Participate in appropriate UAA training and meetings
- Coordinates with the universities facilities office for necessary repairs.
- Checks enrollment status of each cadet.
- Encodes student ID cards to allow access into AFROTC facilities.
- Coordinates with the university help desk to ensure adequate computer and phone support.
- Coordinates student hires for AROTC Essential
20 Manages High School Scholarship Program. Primary department liaison with Headquarters in Montgomery, Alabama. Primary workload from August-March.
- Monitors on-line database
- Facilitates interview process (schedules appropriate staff, corresponds with interested applicants)
- Manages administrative portions of the program Essential
25 Academic Support:
- Copies course syllabi, tests, and instructional materials
- Provides information to potential students on courses required for participation in the program and for the National Defense minor
- Obtains unofficial transcripts (prior to enrollment, mid-term of semester, end of academic year, and upon request)
- Checks enrollment status of each cadet -
- Assists students on registration, catalog and scheduling, add/drop fees, etc.
- Reviews information in course schedule and general catalog for accuracy
- Schedules and deconflicts courses with instructors and classrooms
- Obtains Academic Hold on student accounts for a variety of issues related to participation in the AFROTC program Essential
25 Clerical support: Provides clerical support for the AFROTC staff.
- Receives and screens incoming calls, mail and visitors
- Takes detailed messages when those personnel are unavailable for visitors and reviews voicemails from missed calls to forward to the appropriate staff member
- Relays e-mail to and from UAA personnel
Sends, receives, and distributes office mail using USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- Manages Director/Commander''s calendar by scheduling student, University or any other office related appointments.
- Ensures the Director/Commander is aware of any recent changes to the calendar and assists with meeting preparation, as requested.
- Manages department calendar (training, upcoming events, and appointments)
- Reviews, modifies, and ensures proper Air Force formatting and spelling for all correspondence submitted for Director/Commander.
- Creates, edits, or modifies various correspondence and reports for signature.
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and provides pertinent University information to the staff
- Maintains office files
- Maintains adequate office supply inventories
- Maintains the office in an attractive and orderly manner
- Acts as liaison with the university and two other crosstown schools.
- Acts as liaison with non-profit organizations. Essential
Ability to communicate with students, knowledge of university knowledge of university enrollment procedures, ability to use BANNER, ability to maintain a professional working environment, ability to follow rules, regulations and direction.
2 years of office administration or military organization experience.
Typical Education or Training:
Associates degree in any discipline, Bachelor degree preferred.
Salary: $19.15/hour minimum (Grade 76 Non-Exempt)
The University of Alaska is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and educational institution. The University of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status. The University's commitment to non-discrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to students, employees, and applicants for admission and employment. Contact information, applicable laws, and complaint procedures are included on UA's statement of non-discrimination available at www.alaska.edu/titleIXcompliance/nondiscrimination
Advertised: Alaskan Standard Time 05 Dec 2017
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend