Professional Development & Outreach Coordinator
Apply now Job no: 508195
Classification:Administrative Specialist 3
Work type: Staff Full-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Fairbanks
School/Business unit:School of Nat Res & Extension
Categories: Administrative/Personnel, Business/Accounting/Finance, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Office/Clerical, Other
The Professional & Workforce Development program of Cooperative Extension is seeking a dynamic liaison between UAF CES, the business community across the state and providers as it relates to professional development and community education. We are looking for a motivated, team-oriented individual who combines strong organizational skills with an out-going personality and previous experience in lifelong learning.
20 - Performs special projects as needed, such as onsite registration activities, program assessment, training and coaching, responding to sensitive issues such as performance standards and ensuring professional image.
- Responds to and research inquiries regarding University policies and procedures, CES Continuing Education activities, workforce training partnerships and processes. Serve as primary conduit between UAF CES, clients, and service providers responding to inquires about external training activities, registrations and certificates/transcripts.
- Meets with clients, service providers, UA Banner & MAU personnel to research and resolve issues associated with training services, records documentation, data collection/retrieval and policies/process. Ensure continuous improvement to UAF CES Continuing Education operation and to service providers'' product. Essential
40 - Directs and coordinates program activities on a daily basis to deliver community, needs-based continuing education and related training services on cost-recovery basis.
- Ensures a reliable and predictable logistical foundation as needed for scheduled training services and CES statewide conferences including catering, lodging, travel arrangements, vehicle requests, course announcements, classrooms and facility rentals, audio/teleconference/online training sessions, special equipment, textbooks, course materials, and printing requests.
- Assists in developing and managing Continuing Education budget to achieve program enrollment and income generation goals within cost-recovery budget restraints.
- Prepares price quotes for delivery of educational and/or logistical support of specialized training sessions.
- Assists in performing cost analysis in order to prepare educational service agreements. Essential
40 - Serves as a liaison in concert with Director of Outreach and networks with business, government, nonprofit agencies, UA departments and other organizations to maintain awareness of community training interests and assure UAF CES meets community and business professional development training needs.
- Speaks before interested agencies and groups to disseminate information about the program; make promotional contact with news media and civic organizations; represent the program at meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Assists in developing strategic plans for community, business and industry training outreach.
- Establishes and maintains extensive service provider network internal and external to the University, identifying workforce training and development resources program, pricing and points of contact.
- Establishes and coordinates specific training course and certificate program curriculum development, promotion, and class scheduling. Develop and schedule credit, non-credit & CEU workshops and conferences.
- Contracts with UA internal and external third party instructors, consultants and vendors for delivery of training services.
- Develops UAF CES-corporate client work order specifications for approval and authorization.
- Recruits and consults with faculty and contract instructors to ensure training delivery achieves desired outcomes and is taught according to standards.
- May certify participants in specialized areas.
- Maintains a database of past students and businesses as well as potential clients.
- Ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations, processes, policies, and procedures. Essential
This position directs and coordinates program activities on a daily basis to deliver, community, needs-based continuing education and related training services on a cost-recovery basis. The level of work performed in this position requires a high level of judgement, attention to detail and the ability to work independently under the general direction of the Director. Position duties range from standard administrative support to participating in high-level strategizing and decision making. As a cornerstone to the program, this position will contribute to the budget oversight, recordkeeping, networking, marketing, planning, contracting, and compliance required for the success of the program.
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information (email and phone number) for three (3) professional references.
Applications must be received prior to 11:55pm Alaska time on 11/17/2017 to be considered. Applications received after this time and date may not be considered for this position.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
This position is a term-funded position and is reviewed annually for contract renewal at the University's discretion.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UAF. The policy can be located at:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action:
The University of Alaska is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, genetic code or retaliation.
Pursuant to Board of Regent’ Policy 04.02.040, the University of Alaska is a Drug-Free Workplace. This prohibits the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession, or use by an employee of a controlled substance in any workplace of the university.
UAF Campus is a tobacco free campus. For more information, please go to:
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 01 Nov 2017
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend