Student Life & Leadership plays a major role in creating new opportunities for UAA students to learn and practice elements of leadership. Our programs encompass civic responsibility, community development, and social engagement. These experiences develop ethical leadership, diverse campus programming, and effective communication.
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Office.
• Possess good organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative in stressful or emergency situations.
• General knowledge of UAA and the university system.
• Previous customer service experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to research answers or information with little to no oversight
To be eligible for student employment, an applicant must: a. Be enrolled in the University of Alaska system with a minimum of six credit hours in the current semester of employment; or b. Have been enrolled the preceding semester for six or more credit hours and demonstrate plans to enroll for six or more credit hours in the next semester for employment between semesters; and c. Have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or approval from the MAU Senior Student Services officer or his/her designee. d. Students enrolled in non-traditional programs of study will be considered eligible for student employment with the approval of the Senior Student Services officer. e. An applicant must provide evidence of enrollment as outlined above to substantiate employment eligibility.
Typical Education or Training:
Proficient in Microsoft products. Knowledge of general office equipment, personal computers, scanners and copiers. Ability to perform web research. Previous office experience is preferred. Graphic design experience desired.
Typical Duties Include:
- General administrative tasks including answering phones, data entry, copying, scanning, filing, and/or shredding documents.
- Customer service.
- Draft correspondence.
- Prepare for student board meetings, take minutes, etc.
- Market and promote major entertainment events, create posters, etc.
- Assist with event logistics.
- Conduct web research on various topics.
- Successful completion of Title IX and FERPA training modules.
- Understanding and knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Distribution and/or development of marketing materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hourly Rate: $10.50
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references with contact information.