Student Life & Leadership Student Assistant
Apply now Job no: 508149
Classification:Student Assistant C
Work type: Student Employee
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:VC, Student Affairs
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Student Life & Leadership is looking for a dedicated and organized student to serve as our office assistant. Successful candidates must have knowledge/experience of working with and helping others in an office environment. They must also be detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, and carry out tasks without close supervision.
Student Life & Leadership (SLL) seeks a student who is interested in joining a dynamic team in a professional office that leads student engagement efforts at the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA).
SLL plays a major role in creating opportunities for students to learn and practice elements of leadership. Our programs encompass civic responsibility, community development, and social engagement.
• Possess knowledge of general office equipment, personal computers, copiers, and scanners.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google applications.
• Proficient in internet/web systems (e.g. Safari, Firefox, etc.).
• Proficient in social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
• Possess good organizational skills.
• Possess good time management skills.
• Possess strong attention to detail.
• Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to carry out assigned tasks and projects without close supervision.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative in stressful or emergency situations.
• Possess general knowledge of UAA and the university system.
• Have previous customer service experience.
• Have previous data entry experience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of all information.
• Ability to research answers or information with little to no oversight.
• Ability to successfully complete the UA FERPA and mandatory Title IX trainings.
To be eligible for student employment, an applicant must: a. Be enrolled in the University of Alaska system with a minimum of six credit hours in the current semester of employment; or b. Have been enrolled the preceding semester for six or more credit hours and demonstrate plans to enroll for six or more credit hours in the next semester for employment between semesters; and c. Have at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) or approval from the MAU Senior Student Services officer or his/her designee. d. Students enrolled in non-traditional programs of study will be considered eligible for student employment with the approval of the Senior Student Services officer. e. An applicant must provide evidence of enrollment as outlined above to substantiate employment eligibility.
Typical Education or Training:
Previous experience working with and helping others in an office environment is preferred. The ability to work effectively with others as a part of a diverse team is essential. Graphic design experience is desired.
Typical Duties Include:
General office tasks including answering phones, running errands, copying, scanning, filing, and/or shredding documents.
Assisting with program coordination including but not limited to the Student Showcase and Crafts Fair.
Providing office reception and customer service.
Drafting and disseminating correspondence.
Creating and/or maintaining data entry systems.
Maintaining an inventory of the department's resources.
Posting to the department's social media platforms.
Developing and/or distributing marketing materials.
Conducting web research as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Hourly Rate: $10.50
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references with contact information to be considered for this position. If you do not have a resume or cover letter, you may visit UAA Career Exploration & Services for additional support.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 03 Nov 2017
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend