CCPD Program Manager
Apply now Job no: 507988
Classification:Administrative Professional 1
Work type: Staff Part-time
Administrative Unit:University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit:Provost Operations
Categories: Business/Accounting/Finance, Other, Human Resources
The Center for Corporate and Professional Development (CCPD) is a center of the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) Business Enterprise Institute (BEI). The UAA BEI mission is to develop and diversify the economy of Alaska. Our vision is to position the University of Alaska as the “go to” business and industry partner, able to address business needs across all spectrums of business size and scope. The UAA BEI links economic development programs across the UA system and supports businesses and entrepreneurial capacities across Alaska. BEI provides a platform for high-level consultancy between industries, the business community and the University of Alaska.
The CCPD is an entirely self-support organization, therefore the development of clients as well as ensuring all fiduciary requirements of the organization are addressed is essential. All positions of the CCPD are term with continuation determined by workload to support positions.
10 Other Program Support (10 percent)
Assist with the development, implementation, and coordination of various activities and projects associated with the CCPD. Serve as key point of contact for dissemination of information. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain calendar of CCPD class offerings.
• Keep current all CCPD databases to ensure efficient utilization.
• Prepare and distribute any CCPD communications and collateral pieces.
• Deliver CCPD presentations to raise program awareness. Essential
10 Personnel Management and Oversight (10%) - Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise faculty to deliver on behalf of CCPD. While no formal authority as supervisor will be held, functions typical of a supervisor will be assumed. Essential
20 Marketing/advertising (20 percent) - Coordinate and deploy marketing efforts on behalf of CCPD and in concert with BEI and UAA’s own communications. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
Develop or support the development of a marketing and promotion plan to create, produce and place effective multi-media advertising and promotional campaigns. Intentionally raise awareness of open enrollment and CCPD customized course offerings. Support activities that drive prospects and buyers.
• Develop messaging and communications that may include advertising, electronic communications or newsletter, etc. for public distribution with aim of increasing CCPD broad awareness.
• Develop and deploy social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to leverage online and print media communications.
• Continue to advance a strong web presence for the CCPD.
• Research, develop, enhance and maintain contact database and mailing list. In compliance with Federal regulations concerning e-mail distribution, utilize database to announce programs and to respond to requests for information or assistance.
• Independently respond to external complaints and advise executive staff as warranted.
• Proofread, verify and review all materials to ensure highest levels of professionalism. Essential
30 Administrative and Program Management (30 percent) - Work in a fast-paced environment with confidence; make sound program management decisions; set priorities in concert with CCPD strategic and marketing plan. Collaborate and keep in close communications with BEI fiscal and administrative team. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Prepare and maintain all CCPD files to include general correspondence, client files, volunteer files, records of CEU or course completion, etc.
• Address all logistics associated with course delivery including setting and confirming schedules, selection of classrooms, establishing communications with instructors, coordinating appointment letters, overload forms and job forms.
• Prepare all human resource and personnel hiring paperwork (employment and contractual) ensure time sheets for staff, and faculty are completed and all associated payments are made. Maintain personnel files and labor pool information.
• Communicate with clients, instructors and course participants. Share as appropriate class rosters, classroom location, class materials and catering requests.
• Work with instructors to develop and produce all course materials and workbooks.
• Contract catering and other items as necessary and essential for course delivery.
• Arrange for pre-approval of CEUs through UAA and associated professional designee institutions.
• Evaluate and monitor programs, classes and workshops according to stated objectives; establish methods of measuring and analyzing costs, revenue, and goal achievements; review and recommend revision as necessary.
• Ensure all reporting, invoicing, client appreciation, and budget-tracking close out for all classes. Closely review to ensure full costs including CCPD staff is allocated and covered.
• Serve as CCPD staff for both internal and external constituents, including other university departments and programs, clients, and BEI staff.
• Coordinate the procurement of CCPD supplies and class delivery materials, process all related forms and documentation. Essential
30 Course and business development (30 percent) – coordinate CCPD non-credit class programming from inception to delivery. Promote and maintain excellent relationships within the Alaska corporate community as well as the Alaska Native and business development community, including but not limited to the general public, funding sources, government agencies, and other related organizations. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Administer pre/post-proposal development and contract per UAA BEI practices;
• Conduct outreach and host meetings with client’s to fully understand needs;
• Coordinate with UAA faculty or private sector providers to obtain course delivery estimates and to ascertain capabilities to achieve delivery of course content;
• Perform and/or oversee editing and production of final proposals to ensure electronic, hard copy, grants and contracts, and file copies are prepared and delivered on time;
• Ensure compliance with all associated UAA/UA, state and federal policies; and
• Develop and maintain a calendar of all course offerings. Essential
This position is currently open only to current UA employees, and UA employees in layoff notice status.
The CCPD Program Manager is responsible for managing both open enrollment and customized professional development classes in accordance with the policies and procedures of the University of Alaska Anchorage. The CCPD Program Manager is responsible for: 1) assisting in developing and implementing unit plans and goals; 2) working to coordinate end-to-end contracts from project inception to final client delivery; and 3) ensuring all courses are well prepared and delivered on time, in compliance with UA regulations and policy as well as on budget. The CCPD Program Manager may be responsible for any of the following depending on the clients needs: faculty recruitment; client communications; supervising individual project deliverables or personnel; and coordinating multi-faculty course delivery. This position relies on a highly organized, detail-oriented individual who can successfully manage multiple class formats, topics and delivery styles in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while simultaneously keeping CCPD clients and stakeholders abreast of all necessary milestones and deliverables. Primary clients of the CCPD vary from larger established firms such as ACS and GCI to smaller sole proprietor businesses. The CCPD also serves the professional development needs of non-profits.
Advertised: Alaskan Daylight Time 05 Oct 2017
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend